Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people want to reproduce a memory and others reality. Both are fine. If you want a movie-look to your Hoth Han, regardless of which coat you use, you'd better put him under some nice and well-planned lighting, not just a long strip of LEDs.

Some people want to reproduce a memory and others reality. Both are fine. If you want a movie-look to your Hoth Han, regardless of which coat you use, you'd better put him under some nice and well-planned lighting, not just a long strip of LEDs.

What I saw and continue to see with my eyes is not a "memory" that is "reality" in the context of a film. Kenner did not just arbitrarily choose blue in 1980.

The "reality" to which you refer is a behind-the-scenes access to the props, out of context, which was not available until the late 1990's.

If we just had the film to go by, the debate would not exist.

So does dark brown.

Besides, the jacket isn't wet in any of those pics. They wouldn't put Harrison Ford is a wet jacket on set.

The actual prop is not dark brown either. It is a medium brown. Nothing on screen looks the shade of brown the prop is ever.

And the jacket is wet from the snow in Norway. This was not filmed on a stage with fake snow.

Good luck chasing that water mirage in the desert.

Wait, that would mean I can't drink a glass of water off a movie screen. How cruel of you to crush my illusions like so many stormtroopers before an army of ewoks...

:D

Chartruce

Charteuse is an extremely vivid shade of light green.

What I saw and continue to see with my eyes is not a "memory" that is "reality" in the context of a film. Kenner did not just arbitrarily choose blue in 1980.

The "reality" to which you refer is a behind-the-scenes access to the props, out of context, which was not available until the late 1990's.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

People don't get to pick and choose reality by ignoring the legitimate context. You drop context, you lose claim to reality. Facts don't exist in a vacuum.

And the jacket is wet from the snow in Norway. This was not filmed on a stage with fake snow.

I know that, but they had many coats for the actors. They didn't keep him in a wet coat. On my monitor at home and at work those three pictures show me a dark brown coat -- dark but clearly brown. Granted, that is not the context lighting of the film.

Anyway, this is all getting out of hand. Personally, I'm not sure I ever saw the coat as blue. I don't remember what color I believed it to be when I saw this in the cinema as a kid. All I know is that the prop coat is brown, and on film it can look 'blue' with the filters or color timing.

Yes, its a ridiculous debate, but seriously, those who say it doesn't matter whats on screen; only what prop was used, do you play with your Star Wars figures in front of blue construstion paper? :slap

Trying to counter on screen materiaviewing with any sci fi or fan movie is just beyond ridiculous.

Perception is reality, get over it, or enjoy framing your limited edition lithograph of a blue sheet of paper, after all thats what was "real" behind alot of what you see on the screen, so that must be what Cloud City really looked like, not what we all remember from the movies, right?

I don't really care about the prop, but I've never seen a blue coat on screen. Not in 1980, not in 1982, not in the 90's and not today. It's just always been brown to me. But yeah, arguing about it is pointless, because you like what you like. At least no one will be going to jail or getting prosecuted for some of these implanted false memories. ;)

I'll probably pose Han shirtless anyway.

Last edited:

aaaactualy,that's not true. Posted way back in the thread was a 80's hasbro color guide/ style guide for that look of han. Hasbro was told, on the style guide what color to use, and goofed, either becuase of a typo ( as they image on the style guide was black and white, with numeric color codes) Or just a goof.

Either/or, he comes with both, use the one you like best.

There IS a way to get a definite answer. Ask George Lucas what Color he intended han's coat to be.

I WILL say, that a blue coat makes more sense with han's Blue/black color scheme

If that were the only mistake Kenner made on those figures they'd have been very lucky indeed. Then again, it's not like Hasbro didn't make plenty of screw-ups 20+ years later. At least the whole coat thing had some production value to it with the blue tinted environments. What about the blue snaggletooth...

aaaactualy,that's not true. Posted way back in the thread was a 80's hasbro color guide/ style guide for that look of han. Hasbro was told, on the style guide what color to use, and goofed, either becuase of a typo ( as they image on the style guide was black and white, with numeric color codes) Or just a goof.

Either/or, he comes with both, use the one you like best.

There IS a way to get a definite answer. Ask George Lucas what Color he intended han's coat to be.

I WILL say, that a blue coat makes more sense with han's Blue/black color scheme

Legit_zpsb1f2d391.jpg

Did you guys know that there are variations in how individual eyes process color?

Some people see blues as more green, reds as more orange or violet, etc. And there is no right or wrong involved because how something looks is inseparable from the thing looking at it. If a wavelength appears as a certain color to an eye, it is what it is.

Back