Sideshow: Ghost Rider (2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Screenshot by Bill Lehecka on the other forum:

DaWyqHs.jpg

thank god it's johnny. if the price is good i'll pick it up, otherwise i'll just keep an eye out for the XM.

Skull & surrounding flames look great - but not the rest of it.

Sideshow proudly presents . . . "Circus Ghost Rider" . . . (all it needs is jugglers & clowns in the background).

Yet another bad bit of art-direction on a sculpt of one of my all-time-fave comic characters. SMH at the designs some of these folks come up with.

Nice to see sideshow working on a new character in 1/4 scale. Need to see more pics, but I can't say I'm blown away by what I've seen so far.

Flames are too matte. They really should’ve made all the flames out of translucent materials rather than what they did here. And the painting effect looks more like ketchup mixed with mustard rather than real flames

Yah, the flames are always hard to do. When I had the XM version it really grew on me and I thought the painted flames looked really good.

It was my hope sideshow might try something similar to the I.M VII maquette with the light up to really show the flame effect, even though I'm not a big fan of plug-in light features.

The XM took up a huge footprint as did the box...this should be a bit smaller. I do like the old school chopper.

Yeah, it's not very good. Out of the top of my head I would change the following to improve it:

1) Bigger flame on the front wheel
2) No flame on the chain aside from his hand
3) Not a fan of the flames on the head, something feels off... looks like a big hairdo. Could be the paint though.

Nice to see sideshow working on a new character in 1/4 scale. Need to see more pics, but I can't say I'm blown away by what I've seen so far.

I agree. Need to see more.

...and also glad to see SSC trying out different characters. Characters that SSC normally wouldn't do.

I was hoping for under $1k, but it's not all that surprising given the size / complexity and what other manufactures are offering today. A "standard" pf is at $700 (and always climbing), before taxes and shipping...

I've been waiting for this since the maquette so I'll probably bite.

Back