Premium Format Sideshow Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees: Legend of Crystal Lake Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched the MADX video and he basically interviewed David Igo and Igo said that they were going for a more stylized look while keeping with the part 3 costume. I can see that in this piece, also MadX had some nice stills at the end of video that show how much detail is in this piece, and there's a lot of fine work in it. But my issue is I think it's one of those statues that has a single great display angle and the pics so far are not showing it so for guys who hate that and also sticklers for film accuracy, you're going to be disappointed. I'm going to wait for more/better pics and see what happens. He also said the Freddy would a stylized version of the part 3 costume, however, Freddy is Freddy, you can pose him just about anyway and you won't be too far off the mark.

Neck is just way too broken looking from most angles.

It is just awful. I really wish they would listen to fans and make adjustments when they hear feedback. If I were head of Sideshow I would appreciate the feedback and go back to the drawing board. Stylized... that is NOT what I want in a Jason PF. Also, Jason was NEVER rail thin like this PF. He looks weak, not frightening and massive. Looks like Freddy will be a dud too. :(

It does look better in that video, especially the closeup pics of the mask.

I thought the same thing, mask looks great in the video. I just hope he has the bulk in person that Jason should have.

In the video he does look a tiny bit thicker. I like this piece a lot. It's not as good as other Jason PFs but eh. For someone who missed out this will do for now.

Also someone mentioned the weird broken neck pose due to the fact Jason is hunchback.

Like I said. He looks part 4. I think this was SS's way of bending the licensing contract. Of course they can never say that but just say stylized. This explains why there's no head sculpt.

Last edited:
02eb0d715bbae94a1b3aff940c78de38.jpg

It's like the vent holes are trying to avoid the axe mark. The cut should be going through the holes. Not a big deal, just sayin'.
Also hope they make the eye holes bigger and beef up his shoulders and torso. I could then live with the bad pose/neck.

I am pumped about this. Can't wait to display him with his mask so I can display PT. III without. Will look cool together.

It does look better in that video, especially the closeup pics of the mask.

Just watched the vid and thought the same thing.... the Mask looks great close up... Not perfectly film accurate but it's not supposed to be...

I really have no complaints anymore... not that I had many to begin with :)

It's like the vent holes are trying to avoid the axe mark. The cut should be going through the holes. Not a big deal, just sayin'.
Also hope they make the eye holes bigger and beef up his shoulders and torso. I could then live with the bad pose/neck.

Skinny Jason for the Win!!!

I have to say I'm actually liking this a lot more than the original pt 3 PF. I may just sell that one off and swap to this one. And by the sounds of it, Freddy's going to be a companion piece so the pose might look really good for a back to back display.

I like it.

Thanks for posting that video, I'm feeling way better about this piece now. I have no problem with the pose and I like that it appears that there's going to be two masks. I wasn't completely sold on the original part 3 PF when I had it, so I'm willing to give this a shot.

I just hope if the time comes that SS can produce a Michael Myers PF, that they don't have to go the stylized route. For me it's '78 or bust.

Video sure makes it look better, still a bit tad skinny. I'm going to P.O it since I did miss out on the first one.

I'm a poopy pants who tries to bypass language filter.

Okay, it's not that bad, I just wanted to make that joke. :p

I had high hopes for this, but there's just too much about this piece I don't like, and the few things I do like don't come close to making up for that. Other than the base, everything else just feels like a downgrade, for what is sure to be a much higher price than the previous versions, so I'll have to pass and wait a few more years to see what the next attempt is like.

Best of luck to those that like it, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back