Statue Sideshow Exclusive ARH Medusa - Sideshow EX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scratch is pretty noticeable. It is almost impossible to capture it with the camera I have though.

Glue would sound about right lol. I tried to use a microfiber cloth and the fibers stuck to it. The bottom is not really a big deal but it splattered over onto viewable parts of the body. Thankfully it is not as heavy on the viewable parts and I was able to get some of it off by delicately picking at it with a soft cloth but some of the dark green paint started to wear off so I stopped.

Thanks for the suggestion averone. I will send ARH some pictures and see what they can come up with.

-Gary

Gary, the norm would be to contact SS first and see if you can get a new top if that is what needs to be done. However we are always here to help, I dont know if its an easy fix or not. However SS has some replacements and will work with you if needed. I just dont want you to loose out on that number #1!
Still, contact ARH direct also. He may just say the same thing at first, but our goal is your satisfaction at the end

:thud:

Here is what happened with the AP:

1. The factory delayed shipping all the AP for 25 after we had them ready, due to the 15 day Chinese holiday
2. The shipping we collected long ago from all AP buyers was way below actual cost of shipping @ $65.00 so we had to go with the cheapest shipping possible from China (Not your fault, but ship otherwise would be $350.00+ for each statue and made it impossible)
3. It takes normal shipping by boat one and half month to get to USA (shipping of AP was 10 days after the end of China new year) so we are right on schedule
4. We have no idea how long customs takes, sometimes longer than we all want

So you see, these are the delays. There was not much else anyone, Arahom or I could do. I know this AP experience has not be a great one, and Im very sorry for it. I just hope you are happy with the end results

Thanks for the explain, we all hope it came without issue. And I never think the problem Is ARH, but then we never thought it take that long, I have always has no problem of waiting , but this is just way too long, plus sideshow only charge me full payment when they start ship from USA, not from china, If they ship today from their warehouse , I will got it today. So ARH should fix this problem next time, you guys altead got deposite why worry about the rest of the payment ? Just my though here.

Thanks for the explain, we all hope it came without issue. And I never think the problem Is ARH, but then we never thought it take that long, I have always has no problem of waiting , but this is just way too long, plus sideshow only charge me full payment when they start ship from USA, not from china, If they ship today from their warehouse , I will got it today. So ARH should fix this problem next time, you guys altead got deposite why worry about the rest of the payment ? Just my though here.

You are right! It never occurred to us it would ever take so long either!
Trust me, there will be no more AP, unless we have it ready to ship and its ready. The Barbarian is our only other AP we may do, but it will be ready to ship and once you pay its yours. No more Medusa AP headaches.
This was a pain :monkey2, both for our customers and us as a company, I do not wish to ever go through this again!
We think Sideshow and Diamond comics are best options, as they already have all the logistics in place.

Gary, the norm would be to contact SS first and see if you can get a new top if that is what needs to be done. However we are always here to help, I dont know if its an easy fix or not. However SS has some replacements and will work with you if needed. I just dont want you to loose out on that number #1!
Still, contact ARH direct also. He may just say the same thing at first, but our goal is your satisfaction at the end

Thanks for the help averone I appreciate it. Arahom is going to ask the factory what the glue/putty stuff could be. I am going to hold off for a few days before contacting sideshow regarding the scratch. I'm going to see if I can get used to it before I do. I would rather not have to go through getting a replacement if I can.

Once again thanks for the help and man what a great statue! Now I am going to have order the Angel of Death statue. Have no place to put him but I am going to get him anyway lol. :)

-Gary

Thanks for the help averone I appreciate it. Arahom is going to ask the factory what the glue/putty stuff could be. I am going to hold off for a few days before contacting sideshow regarding the scratch. I'm going to see if I can get used to it before I do. I would rather not have to go through getting a replacement if I can.

Once again thanks for the help and man what a great statue! Now I am going to have order the Angel of Death statue. Have no place to put him but I am going to get him anyway lol. :)

-Gary

Gary, thank you for the update.
I wish I could have shown the Angel of death to you guys, but we ran out of time last visit.
Arahom and the guys are very hard at work getting him ready for SDCC 2012. I know he will very much impress you.
Thanks for your support. Just letting you know, we are improving everything the next time around.

Here I took a few more

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

the eyes almost glow. I'm looking on the net for a place to buy and for the best deal.

What's the bonus for buying an AP edition? I see that being offered on The Queen.

the eyes almost glow. I'm looking on the net for a place to buy and for the best deal.

What's the bonus for buying an AP edition? I see that being offered on The Queen.

One of the very first to own one and also signed by the artist
This was to be the case for the AP Medusa, but it was a real pain since she was oversized for shipping and we ran into problems and had to make them in China.
This is not so in the case of the Vamp Queen, everything is already produced.

I've read about some paint chips and broken pieces on some of the Medusa statues mostly due to bad styrofoam. Was that a problem with the early ones made? I'm just wondering what my chances are of getting a flawless one from a retailer that still has one in stock. How are returns handled in case of a damaged statue?

On the AP Vamp Queen...its coming from the US and not overseas like the Medusa? If so where in the US?

Where is the AP #? name plate? Breast plate? Etc???
I don't know how long we been waiting for!

Where is the AP #? name plate? Breast plate? Etc???
I don't know how long we been waiting for!

Now that were done with SDCC, send ARH an email.
Tell him your still waiting and Alex asked you to contact him
I will remind him again.

Back