Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how long the exclusive will be available? I'm waiting on money from some eBay sells to come in before I can make the purchase and I'd hate to miss it. Somebody let me hold $250 right quick! lol

Anyone else having issues with the chest box? Mine is basically falling apart - top light fell into the box and the glue on one of the straps didn't hold.

I'd rather fix it myself than waiting for a replacement but I have no idea how to open the box.

If anyone in the UK wants to buy my Darth Vader, please pm me. As stated, it does have a small crease on the art box, and the Anakin head is crooked, with slight fraying on the hem of the cape. I just want to get my money back, so £250 includes free delivery.

Also, I'm not sure about the West Coast, but for the 1/6 figures, it ships through Fed-Ex, and I've never had to pay any duty. Just the shipping charges which are usually $25.

I just paid 46.97... you lucky bastard.

and not the slightest as far as issues go in the Quality Control department. Extremely happy with my purchase. :)

Last edited:

and not the slightest as far as issues go in the Quality Control department. Extremely happy with my purchase. :)

Really? Wow. I thought I wasn't paying duty because of the size/price of the product that was shipping. The shipping labels also clearly mark it as a toy, so I thought that might also have had something to do with it. Now I'm starting to think that I've just been damned lucky!!!

If you're not using Sideshow Points or something, you should look at Urban Samurai. They have a website, based in Vancouver. I've ordered other figures (DID MI6 Jack) from them, their prices are fair, and because they are in Vancouver, so no Duty.
So far they've been reliable. They just run out of stock if you don't order fast enough....

Now I'm not sure what's more troubling, the QC issues or that I keep seeing Vader holding his saber in his left hand… :panic:

As far as the left-handed thing, as I've seen that comment earlier in the thread. Piper, you do realize that someone holding something with their left hand, doesn't make them left-handed, right? And that was considered... you will notice he's holding the base of the hilt (which is the part his left hand would hold - he held his saber two-handed through most of the OT duels). I wasn't trying to re-create some scene in the films. But whatever, those were just out-of-box pics, and I'm sure with all the options, I'll likely be changing the shelf display pose every couple of weeks.

If you're not using Sideshow Points or something, you should look at Urban Samurai. They have a website, based in Vancouver. I've ordered other figures (DID MI6 Jack) from them, their prices are fair, and because they are in Vancouver, so no Duty.
So far they've been reliable. They just run out of stock if you don't order fast enough....
i might as well just drive down the block to toys2 and buy it directly there. I was after the exclusive hand.

Just got an email from Sideshow that my replacement Vader helmet is on it's way. I really hope it was inspected and not just thrown in a box. I was able to create my own tusks using chrome finishing nails but there's nothing I can do about the scratch on the dome.

Mine got delivered today! Looks like I was lucky - no q.c. Issues with the figure/tusks/cape/electronics.

On first impressions I have to say that Vader is amazing - really glad I pulled the trigger on this one. :yess:

Needs a bit of futzing with the liquorice pants, but they're quite soft & not too thick.... But for now back in the box until I have my man-cave.

Got mine today and got a little time to look him over. Looks like I got a winner. All tusks intact and no scratches on the domes. I do need to look over the cape hem more carefully. The only issue I had was I stripped the screw on the helmet stand. :slap Somehow it wasn't the same size as the regular stand. All in all a really great figure!

The only issue I had was I stripped the screw on the helmet stand. :slap Somehow it wasn't the same size as the regular stand.

Same here, nearly stripped it! Once I got the screw out, I threw it away because I knew if I got it back in, it would be completely stripped the next time it needed to be removed for a battery change. So, I'm on the look for another screw, or I might just tape it shut.

Same here, nearly stripped it! Once I got the screw out, I threw it away because I knew if I got it back in, it would be completely stripped the next time it needed to be removed for a battery change. So, I'm on the look for another screw, or I might just tape it shut.

Good idea. I think I'll do the same. I just got stubborn and kept thinking 'no way could this be a different size screw.' Serves me right. :lol

Back