Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its tough to have a different opinion here.if you critisize obvious mistakes,you are bad mouthing and a titti baby.all you have to do is say:eek:h, its great!!!than they leave you alone.everything else is a personal attack on their love child

I couldn't care less if you criticize the product I just don't like it when people make fun of me for liking it when they don't that's all.

Not sure what the heck half of you are talking about, and no disrespect intended, but my position is this:

Vader should be perfect. That's it. Perfect. Yeah, they're dolls, but expensive ones at this point.

they're ____ing articulated ____ing mothe____ing statues with an expensive ____ing price and we all should get ____ing along..

just ____ing kidding, btw

Last edited:
...WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED VADER!

The lightsaber hilt is wrong. Gino explained this is the stunt version. ESB and ROTJ are the same exact hilt, which is the MPP flash gun not the Graflex 3-cell flash gun. Here is Gino explaining. Cheers!

No that is old incorrect information and a myth that has been perpetuated over the years. The info on my site is correct.
The ESB hero saber was re-used as the hero saber for ROTJ as well.
This saber recently was found in a private collection and shown off on the rpf in great detail.
The guy who runs parts of star wars (who is a friend of mine) discovered this fact with me. I'm sure he just never got around to updating his site.
There are two threads in the archived threads section of the RPF that covers this in great depth with lots of pictures.

Here is a comp screen matching the saber.
The emitter has rusted a bit more over the years since ESB.
Keep in mind, they added tiny screws to the tops and bottom of the grips for ROTJ (to prevent them from continually falling off).

0590997.jpg

The graflex based saber that people have come to (incorrectly) know as the rotj vader saber is actually the luke/vader shared stunt dueling saber.

Here is a pic of it in ESB.

0810099.jpg

The allen head screws in the body were there to hold the blade. If you look at the tip/emitter, you will see that the blade has been roughly hacked off.

This shared stunt was used in all three OT SW films. It was used as a practice saber in ANH, then used by luke in ESB and then Vader in rotj. But only as a stunt dueling saber.

This saber has been incorrectly labeled by LFL for years, and due to that has caused incorrect information to be found in many reference books and traveling exhibits. Also MR made a replica of this saber unaware that it was not actually the hero ROTJ saber.
Oops.

vaderrotj.jpg

By chew74 at 2012-07-16

cooltoyreview pics:
3539n36.jpg

I feel sorry for the guys who passed on the first Vader only to end up with this offering (the same thing essentially) for twice as much.

I started collecting about 8-9 months ago and I'm just grateful there's another take at it so I don't have to shell out 400 for the original on eBay!

I never knew that about the Vader sabers. So the allen screw saber is just a stunt saber never meant to be taken as an actual prop...:lol And now Sideshow's new Vader has the practice saber instead of the correct Emp/Jedi saber hilt.

:slap Priceless. But, hey, how many people knew that? :dunno I certainly didn't until now.

I am not disappointed in the new Vader. Once it is in my hands I know it will blow me away. I am only disappointed that Sideshow put almost no effort into their SDcC presentation this year. I would bet the moisture farm that the Vader they showed was merely a misguided placeholder.

i was disappointed with the new Vader... i was expecting an overhaul which was hardly the case.

It looks good enough to buy for me. Don't know why they have the stunt version though and was expecting a little more.

Back