Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can see it quite clearly here:

darth-vader-return-of-the-jedi-sixth-scale-sideshow-collectibles-032.jpg

Thank you for posting the picture. Do you know if the head of this Sideshow Vader, could fit on the first Hot Toys ANH body?

I am using that head on a Hot Toys body and it will go on but the neck peg is smaller than the opening so it will be loose.

Thank you for the information. I was thinking of putting it on a Hot Toys Stars Wars Vader body, but if it fits loose than I need to change the peg, add something in to make it snug, or go with a Hot Toys head.

Do you think that this head is more durable than the Hot Toys heads, in terms of feel and wear and tear?

NOT NEW TO 1/6 , BUT NEW TO star wars. This latest ROTJ Vader release is new as of when?? Did t hey do rer releases of the ROTJ vader , but different versions?
sorry, for the newbie questions

No need to apologize man, no one is born knowing information. My understanding is that they re-released the figure from a few years ago, but without the extras like the unmasked Anakin head, and without Empire base but with a new dome and body suit. Thats what Ive read on the internet.

P.s. Cool A-Team van logo.

No need to apologize man, no one is born knowing information. My understanding is that they re-released the figure from a few years ago, but without the extras like the unmasked Anakin head, and without Empire base but with a new dome and body suit. Thats what Ive read on the internet.

Your welcome Kent. And yes your right on what the rerelease has that's different. They also updated the lightsaber to look more energy like and less baseball bat like. I believe this is the 3rd version now and the Helmet Dome is the change. It looks really good. The only thing on the release is the bottom triangle is too big but to me it's not a big deal. All the pictures look great and I hope the Blue tac works out for you.

NOT NEW TO 1/6 , BUT NEW TO star wars. This latest ROTJ Vader release is new as of when?? Did t hey do rer releases of the ROTJ vader , but different versions?
sorry, for the newbie questions

Vader.jpg

They updated their helmet sculpt for Vader somewhat recently. I believe this iteration of the figure came out late 2019.

Your welcome Kent. And yes your right on what the rerelease has that's different. They also updated the lightsaber to look more energy like and less baseball bat like. I believe this is the 3rd version now and the Helmet Dome is the change. It looks really good. The only thing on the release is the bottom triangle is too big but to me it's not a big deal. All the pictures look great and I hope the Blue tac works out for you.

Thanks again Punisher. The mouth area doesnt bother me either. Do you think that this Sideshow head is more durable, than the Hot Toys Vader heads?

Both are pretty durable overall. Just make sure if you wear a ring on your fingers you don't have it hit the sculpts are you could damage them. Other than that just watch out for scratches. They are sturdy to normal handling.

i agree with punisher and will add the main area to be careful about are the tusks on the sides of the mouth grill. They are the most fragile parts on both the sideshow and hot toys figures.

Both are pretty durable overall. Just make sure if you wear a ring on your fingers you don't have it hit the sculpts are you could damage them. Other than that just watch out for scratches. They are sturdy to normal handling.

i agree with punisher and will add the main area to be careful about are the tusks on the sides of the mouth grill. They are the most fragile parts on both the sideshow and hot toys figures.

Thank you to you both, for the information and the warnings about this figure. I really appreciate it.

Mine is still sitting new in the box. Why do I have a feeling the ROTJ version will be released and Ill never display the ESB version?

I slightly changed up my sideshow/hot toys vader bash. It is mainly the sideshow v1 but it includes the head, chest armor, codpiece, tunic, and cape from the ANH Vader. I am really liking the proportions. Even more so that. The HT ESB vader.7BA743B9-CA14-4D4E-A307-BFA7764B2A6F.jpg
2A94F92F-AEEC-4765-BAE0-7B81C338EE0E.jpg

Thanks for the info!!

Back