Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not seeing any MAJOR flaws here, aside from re-using the helmet9it was wrong before,still wrong now).I think that most of the perceived "problems" can be fixed by re-arrangeing the components of the costume. I know members of the 501st that don't seem to be able to get their chest-box properly located, either...PS

9roi7q.jpg

This is from comic con 2012 they should have just posted this pic for the teaser ...can't wait he will rock !!!

And people had problem with this one too, didn't they? I'd be happy to get that.

^ true, because the chest armor looks a wee bit small on that SDCC mock-up too now that I look at him.

Maybe its still on the old too-tall body, and the bits were made to fit a more properly sized Vader body which wasn't finished in time for SDCC or that pic that's flying around.

Would prolly look like that if the figure was fuzt'd.

I think the costume is on a Gumby body (which is how Vader 1 was displayed in the initial teasers). The costume didn't fit so they just fit them on as best they could as a tease.

The only 'real' flaw on this, to me, is the cape. It needs a leather trim at the bottom. Such a simple fix but the SDCC photos didn't have it, and I doubt they'll put it in. :(

It's funny they are calling this a "Deluxe" Vader. if by "Deluxe" they mean removeable helmet with no additional improvements to the helmet sculpt or suit then this is no different than a Hasbro "Ultimate" Vader, and the irony of which is that the "Ultimate" Hasbro Vader has the better helmet.

It's funny they are calling this a "Deluxe" Vader. if by "Deluxe" they mean removeable helmet with no additional improvements to the helmet sculpt or suit then this is no different than a Hasbro "Ultimate" Vader, and the irony of which is that the "Ultimate" Hasbro Vader has the better helmet.

That is pretty funny when you think about it. Funny cause its true not funny ha ha.

:exactly: :hi5:

Doom and Gloom is over on Bespin Luke, so its gotta settle somewhere I guess. :dunno

the helmet is crap... why does that have to equate to "doom and gloom"? Vader fans simply want a decent representation of the character... SST didn't hit it the first time and now it appears they may have a "strike 2" on their hands. where else but if not on this forum should this be discussed?

I'm not seeing any MAJOR flaws here, aside from re-using the helmet9it was wrong before,still wrong now).I think that most of the perceived "problems" can be fixed by re-arrangeing the components of the costume. I know members of the 501st that don't seem to be able to get their chest-box properly located, either...PS

Yeah, kind of funny to see what people consider "failure" and "looks like crap" to be. I would love to see somebody post a pic of ANY figure that everyone who sees it will say its 100% perfect.... I'm guessing we will be waiting a long time.

Yeah, kind of funny to see what people consider "failure" and "looks like crap" to be. I would love to see somebody post a pic of ANY figure that everyone who sees it will say its 100% perfect.... I'm guessing we will be waiting a long time.

It's not about being 100% perfect though - it's about what flaws are seen as acceptable with respect to overall expectations of the figure. To a lot of people getting Darth Vader's dome wrong - again - is enough to warrant the 'failure' tag.

Back