Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This a hundred times. The dome lowering is essential. If you don't care about the height fine, it could still look pretty awesome with a fixed dome.
Cool. Where can I find a link to that fix or how many pages should I go back?

Thank you. I could not relate with the SS reveal head sculpt. I decided the only way to display the head, is the way I have known it all my life ….from behind. I also don’t need to display the “dome” as it is already on Vader head.

I love the pointy finger, it's like Vader is lecturing someone, "You! Listen. Enough about my skinny arms! Or I'm going to slap you with my huge mitts!"

Last edited:
If the gloves weren't so big then the arms would look better. Not sure what SS what thinking when designing those gloves. Not sure if anyone has tried this, but do the previous gloves from the older SS vader fit this figure?

Does the second dome that the figure came with fit on the head? My one has a tiny scuff on it, factory not done by me

Also where are the helmet lowering mods?

1891297_573661926056431_774638683_n2.jpg

Would you guys believe that I sold one of these Vaders mint in box to guy that says he wants a full refund because it didn't come in brown shipper?!
He also now feels it wasn't mint.

How do you argue with some like that? How can I prove that it was mint?

If it was a regular and bought direct from Sideshow, give him Sideshow's phone number to call and confirm that they don't ship reg. editions in the snug brown shipper. Other wise have him call where ever you bought it from to confirm the shipping method.

Cool. Where can I find a link to that fix or how many pages should I go back?

There was a picture posted showing aproximately how much of the top that needed to be shaved off, but the picture is gone unfortunately. I will try to dig it up somewhere and post it for you.

Would you guys believe that I sold one of these Vaders mint in box to guy that says he wants a full refund because it didn't come in brown shipper?!
He also now feels it wasn't mint.

How do you argue with some like that? How can I prove that it was mint?

I wouldn't bother. I'd have him return it in as-purchased condition and move on to a buyer who isn't a complete tool.

So I have been bitten with the sixth scale bug and have come down with a severe fever. I have gone from owning two (SS Boba and HT DX13) to now owning six with two more on the way. I just received my DX07 Luke and SS Deluxe Vader yesterday from a forum member so I just had to share my excitement with a couple of mediocre pics I took. The Detolf is new, too. I took a trip to Dallas last week to get a couple of those dudes. Be nice to me, these are my first pics. I'm thinking of what I want to put on the back walls to decorate the Detolf. Thinking of a mini Empire poster or something like that. rsz_img_0586.jpg

Back