Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think introducing a third actor or a digital recreation is a good idea.
Ewan nailed it, why over complicate things further?

I think because having Ewan play Older Obi after the original trilogy would be just as bad and inconsistent. Ewan did nail it...but he nailed it being the younger version. Having him appear after Alec's time would be equally as bad IMO. I say if it can't be done right, then leave it alone and don't have Obi appear at all in the new films.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I agree that old footage and audio would work best. I mean they did it for Jor-El in superman returns and it worked really well. That being said I think Bernard Hill from Lord of The Rings would make a great stand in for Alec.

nagyhame.jpg

That's not a bad idea. He probably pull it off.

But then again....

I don't think introducing a third actor or a digital recreation is a good idea.
Ewan nailed it, why over complicate things further?

Pretty much. A third actor does seem unnecessary. Ewan was awesome. One of the better parts of the PT.

But then again...

"..... leave it alone and don't have Obi appear at all in the new films.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'd rather let it to rest. Do I really want to see Old Hamill talking to a Ewan Old Ben in make up. Nah. Do I further want to see an Old Hamill tallking to a third actor to take the role. Not really. I definitely don't want to see a CGI Guinness. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Wow! I didn't realize how much of a resemblance Bernard Hill has to Sir Alec - especially that last pic there.

That said, I also think that they shouldn't muddy the waters any further - the legacy has already got too much of that going on.

It'll be interesting to see what they do though - if anything.

I like it! Great experimenting with the Medicom saber! I'm getting ready to do that, myself!

What are you shooting with? And what's your studio configuration?

It looks like your throwing at least one gel on the figure. And hint: Longer exposure time means that the saber will look more fully-lit. Like this:

Thanks, rubio95! That's actually a cheap-*** LED saber from ebay. The hilt is metal, which is pretty cool, but it's too large for scale (but you can't tell in the dark). The Medicom saber looks like it might have a more even glow. I'm using a Sony HX-300 and a generic photo tent kit from Amazon with a couple of cheap desk lamps with 60W sunlight-temp CFL bulbs (amateur hour!). The gels are actually small frosted LEDs with a magnet on the bottom, which lets me attach them to the tent frame so I can position them above the subject. That's a sweet picture. Thanks for the exposure tip; I'll try that.

That's one beautiful picture! :clap
Fantastic pics Natron!
Cool pics natron.

Thanks, guys! I can't come close to some of the great pics on here, but I'm learning. paramoremcr88, your "quick pic" is freaking awesome!

Last edited:
That's not a bad idea. He probably pull it off.

But then again....

Pretty much. A third actor does seem unnecessary. Ewan was awesome. One of the better parts of the PT.

But then again...

I'd rather let it to rest. Do I really want to see Old Hamill talking to a Ewan Old Ben in make up. Nah. Do I further want to see an Old Hamill tallking to a third actor to take the role. Not really. I definitely don't want to see a CGI Guinness. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

That's funny how you made it look like I posted all those comments.

That is a great tip! How do I set that up?

Just go to the Fed Ex UK site and set up an account. Then you can find options to set up a credit card for billing.

I did it primarily to make it easier to pay them, but didn't realize it also meant they wouldn't charge the advancement fee.

Does it make any difference with how it bunches at at the crotch? Has anyone tried that?

When it was flipped it looked much better, because it's pinched at the crotch vs having space for a butt, as it is now. If you revers it things will be correct. Nobody has tried unstitching and reversing but they DID try reversing the suit, but there is velcro on the front (instead of the back) so that was not a workable trade off. Better to un-stitch and re-stitch, if you are brave enough and talented enough.

When it was flipped it looked much better, because it's pinched at the crotch vs having space for a butt, as it is now. If you revers it things will be correct. Nobody has tried unstitching and reversing but they DID try reversing the suit, but there is velcro on the front (instead of the back) so that was not a workable trade off. Better to un-stitch and re-stitch, if you are brave enough and talented enough.

Speaking of the suit, does anyone think this material will eventually go bad like the medicos suits did?

I find it weird that people that trash the prequels seem to always give ROTJ a pass.

Jabba. Speeder bikes. Death Star II. Emperor. Death of Yoda. Big effing space battle. John Williams at his finest. Millennium Falcon penetrates a space station like a boss. Wedge survives again. Redemption of Anakin. Ewoks. (Die, naysayers. Ewoks were awesome.) Oh, and ...

"IT'S A TRAP!!!"

Yep. I'll give all that a pass.

Back