Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Explain this shot then? Where Vader is obviously pointing the blade towards us. If it's not tapered then why doesn't it get BIGGER closer to camera?

Probably poor VFX production. Same as in the rest of the SE and prequel. Sub-par editing, compositing and computer generated images, even for their time.

But an interesting thing about those shots posted - it doesn't show that Sideshow got it right - it still shows they got it quite wrong. The sabers that closely match what's seen in the images are Hasbro's.

You'll notice I never argued once about the of the revisionist intentions, but the simple fact remains that the saber blades are perfectly parallel in many shots. Including those that show it extending while lighting up. Thin, thick, taper or no taper, the production collectibles are only as suitable as the desires of the collector.

Good on you for chopping off the last two images - maybe we cross posted. I was pretty careful to grab images of when the saber was not moving, to eliminate the possibility of capturing any motion artifacts, practical or digital. Here's an interesting tidbit, what I wrote my original post it was because the images you posted showed the opposite of what you were saying, but when you reply, it's like you're trying to make me sound like an idiot. You may not agree with what I write, but don't think for a second you know anything about me. I'm not a fan of letting light banter get personal. So while I respect that you have some industry knowledge, at the same time you need to open your eyes.

You'll notice I never argued once about the of the revisionist intentions, but the simple fact remains that the saber blades are perfectly parallel in many shots. Including those that show it extending while lighting up. Thin, thick, taper or no taper, the production pieces are only as suitable as the desires of the collector.

Good on you for chopping off the last two images - maybe we cross posted. I was pretty careful to grab images of when the saber was not moving, to eliminate the possibility of capturing any motion artifacts, practical or digital. Here's an interesting tidbit, what I wrote my original post it was because the images you posted showed the opposite of what you were saying, but when you reply, it's like you're trying to make me sound like an idiot. You may not agree with what I write, but don't think for a second you know anything about me.

No, you went back and added images and changed your post after I had answered you. But thanks for the accusation. :lol

And no again, you jumped into a conversation and acted like I didn't understand the concept of perspective.

But here's the rub: You admitted above that "probably everyone was right" but now you seemed to have deleted your posts and pics...

:lol

Seriously.. pawned.. Necro posting a conversation your losing.. Brilliant Idea!!!!

:rotfl

No, you went back and added images and changed your post after I had answered you. But thanks for the accusation. :lol

You posted WHILE I was in mid-edit. That's why I said cross-posted.

And no again, you jumped into a conversation and acted like I didn't understand the concept of perspective.

I "jumped in" - to a public thread on a public forum that I was already participating in?

The post I previously replied to is now missing from the forum. You did say something in the last edit before it disappeared about HT and SSC producing thin tapered blades - I have them, right here, I know how thin they are. You also said that the blades in the OT are "thin" - but anyone watching the movies can see they're not actually very thin at all. One of the reasons some people have disliked the HT and thin SSC blades.

With regards to this new Vader figure, the blade seems, in photos, well scaled to his size. I'll have the figure in hand at the end of the week to see it in person. And while I have blue CCFLs here for Luke, the red ones for Vader are still on a slow boat from Hong Kong. The shaft on these is 3.5mm which is also at a decent scale.

Last edited:
People sure get their backs up about the stupidest things. Personally I didn't read anything arrogant or condescending in Pixel's posts but people are really quick to take offense with them for some reason. Rory, you're generally the first person to complain if someone's being rude to you or you're getting "ganged-up on" but you're the one who's being pretty rude and dismissive in this exchange. Maybe it's that inconsistency that gets you jumped from time to time.

People sure get their backs up about the stupidest things. Personally I didn't read anything arrogant or condescending in Pixel's posts but people are really quick to take offense with them for some reason. Rory, you're generally the first person to complain if someone's being rude to you or you're getting "ganged-up on" but you're the one who's being pretty rude and dismissive in this exchange. Maybe it's that inconsistency that gets you jumped from time to time.

Nah, this guys jumps into a conversation and begins being an *** and explaining to everyone what perspective is. I would recommend you read the full conversation but you can't as he has deleted posts as he goes, trying to swing the conversation to make him look good.

Nah, this guys jumps into a conversation and begins being an *** and explaining to everyone what perspective is. I would recommend you read the full conversation but you can't as he has deleted posts as he goes, trying to swing the conversation to make him look good.

Who exactly are you trying to lie to here? I haven't deleted anything that I've written, the only posts missing are yours. And I most certainly can't delete anything you've written, I'm not a mod.

Who exactly are you trying to lie to here? I haven't deleted anything that I've written, the only posts missing are yours. And I most certainly can't delete anything you've written, I'm not a mod.

No idea what you are talking about Pixel. You have deleted several posts. Where is the post gone on the previous page with the pics you posted? Where you said it was subjective and that everyone was probably right? Did I imagine that?
I'm starting to get a good idea of the type of Freak you are. Any Mod who walks in here will be able to see exactly what you have done.

Now lets say our goodbyes and call it a day.
:wave

I've read all the posts, he's not the one saying you work at Burger King, etc. Anyway, whatever. *leaves*
You haven't, he's deleted posts which haven't been quoted in conversation. *also leaves*

No idea what you are talking about Pixel. You have deleted several posts. Where is the post gone on the previous page with the pics you posted?

It's was still there when I was replying. to your previous post. Why would I delete a post where I uploaded (painstakingly I might add) a bunch of images? And where I made clear and poignant points?

The only post I see missing is the one where you mentioned that HT and SSC had produced thin blades and that the OT had this blade. I'm going back now to check, it might be that someone has also deleted my post.

It should not be possible for a non-mod to delete a post out of the middle of a thread.

It's either a forum glitch or a mod deleting the posts. There are a bunch of them missing, both yours and mine.

It's was still there when I was replying. to your previous post. Why would I delete a post where I uploaded (painstakingly I might add) a bunch of images? And where I made clear and poignant points?

The only post I see missing is the one where you mentioned that HT and SSC had produced thin blades and that the OT had this blade. I'm going back now to check, it might be that someone has also deleted my post.

It should not be possible for a non-mod to delete a post out of the middle of a thread.
Where is your post with the images Pixel?
I can't delete your post, I'm not a mod.

Anyway as I said previously.. :wave

Posting this pic of Luke by OSCORP. Is this (SSC Vader and HT Luke) the best set ever or what?

forum.php
[/QUOTE]

Where is your post with the images Pixel?
I can't delete your post, I'm not a mod.

Did you not read the updated post? There are multiple posts belonging to BOTH OF US missing.

It turns out that the forum is in fact set up to allow deleting posts from the middle of a thread - as opposed to just editing. It could be a posting error causing the posts to be deleted while editing as I know we both edited our posts to add more content. I think at least 1 of mine is missing (the one with the images) and maybe one or two more. And at least 2 of yours are gone.

Did you not read the updated post? There are multiple posts belonging to BOTH OF US missing.

It turns out that the forum is in fact set up to allow deleting posts from the middle of a thread - as opposed to just editing. It could be a posting error causing the posts to be deleted while editing as I know we both edited our posts to add more content. I think at least 1 of mine is missing (the one with the images) and maybe one or two more. And at least 2 of yours are gone.

Nope, all mine are here thanks. Just yours that are missing. What's this? Divert and confuse the topic?

Nope, all mine are here thanks. Just yours that are missing. What's this? Divert and confuse the topic?

Are you actually being genuinely forgetful or just disingenuous? There are at least 2 posts of yours missing, likely 3. Including the one where you mentioned Burger King. But also the longer one where you edited two or three times (which is fine) and that I replied to - I didn't quote. I posted right after War-gar, and you message was right before his. You mentioned in that post a sort of check-list of thin sabers with HT and SSC written on multiple lines with some bold text. Then another line summarizing OT = thin sabers. And then practically parroting what I had written about collector preference.

Looking at the times of the posts there are about fifteen minutes where none of you posted about the sizes and proportions and bad FX and Burger King and that hardly seems possible so I have to come to the conclusion that a few posts have been removed.

Looking at the times of the posts there are about fifteen minutes where none of you posted

Likewise if you click on either of our profiles you'll see very few posts listed there from this morning in this thread. Certainly not close to the number of times actually posted.

Are you actually being genuinely forgetful or just disingenuous? There are at least 2 posts of yours missing, likely 3. Including the one where you mentioned Burger King.

It's all very confusing, but I did see the one referring to Burger King.

I thought it was unusual, since Wendy's is the company more often mentioned in such circumstances!

Back