Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish I could figure out Sideshow's release methods. It seems for every figure its different. Sometimes it seems that those who flexed get it first, and other times its those who pay in full on release that get it first.

My final flex was supposed to be on the 5th, but it was pushed back to the 15th, but others who had the same flex date are paying this week it seems.

Sideshow hasnt figured it out themselves

Mark Hamill is listed as 5'9" which means in reality he is like 5'7" David Prowse was 6'6" when he played Vader so probably about 6'8" in costume I don't think the sideshow figure is too far out of scale to the Hot Toys Luke.

I'm 6'6" in bare feet, when I'm wearing my Vader costume, I top out around 6'10". I say the height is fine. No one has ever told me 'You're too tall! Way out of scale with the stormtroopers!'

That's true...nobody says "Hey Vader, why so tall?" But there is the issue of posing and it does seem those modded ANH vaders we're pretty awesome looking when resized.

It's OK, guys, your Vader can be as tall as you want it to be. No one's judging (exception everyone here).

Great way of solving the Vader height issue BTW; putting on your own Vader costume to see how tall Prowse is in his.

Like Malgus better and have him on the way. Couldn't pass this up though. I have the ANH Vader as well. I think I like it better and definitely was cheaper.

I'm a little worried I decided not to pay an extra $10 to have it double boxed. I just can't believe Sideshow expect us to pay extra for something that is now standard practice by all other retailer!!!
If the parcel is damaged during the flight from the US to the UK, I assume we will be entitled to compensation?

Everyone is probably scared of you thinking you'll choke them ;)

I'm 6'6" in bare feet, when I'm wearing my Vader costume, I top out around 6'10". I say the height is fine. No one has ever told me 'You're too tall! Way out of scale with the stormtroopers!'

Best,

Robert

I really wish I could figure out Sideshow's release methods. It seems for every figure its different. Sometimes it seems that those who flexed get it first, and other times its those who pay in full on release that get it first.

My final flex was supposed to be on the 5th, but it was pushed back to the 15th, but others who had the same flex date are paying this week it seems.

I got the same notice and I ordered DAY ONE in the AM. Forgive my ignorance... What does this mean and when can I expect it to arrive?

I'm a little worried I decided not to pay an extra $10 to have it double boxed. I just can't believe Sideshow expect us to pay extra for something that is now standard practice by all other retailer!!!
If the parcel is damaged during the flight from the US to the UK, I assume we will be entitled to compensation?

Only an extra ten dollars, are you sure? I think you'll find US buyers pay that amount, for internationals it's far higher because of how it affects the shipping dimensions. A single-boxed figure to Oz costs around $30, double-boxing takes it up to around $80. Also consider that you get a discounted shipping rate with SSC to begin with. I have only bought a half dozen figures from SSC, all just single-boxed and not a single one arrived damaged. But I think you'll find that, if you're in the UK, that double-boxing will cost a lot more than ten bucks. And no, I don't know if you could rightly expect compensation for parcel damage that is not due to SSC's handling - that's why the pack-out option is there (albeit at a cost that makes it unappealing).

So since the saber doesn't light up....anyone making custom sabers? The cathode sabers seem to glow the best.

For some reason I see Vader as too bad *** to be posed holding a light saber. I would just clip it on his belt and have him standing there imposing and intimidating with his hands on his hips or something similar.

For some reason I see Vader as too bad *** to be posed holding a light saber. I would just clip it on his belt and have him standing there imposing and intimidating with his hands on his hips or something similar.

True, just want options...lol

Im not likely to ever pose him with his saber either. I'm going to pose him mostly covered up by his cape with just the one "Luke join me" clutch hand sticking out. If they ever do a Stormtrooper 2.0 then I will flank either side of him with those fellas and have him gripping his belt.

Im not likely to ever pose him with his saber either. I'm going to pose him mostly covered up by his cape with just the one "Luke join me" clutch hand sticking out. If they ever do a Stormtrooper 2.0 then I will flank either side of him with those fellas and have him gripping his belt.

I know its a "color scheme" thing, but wouldn't it be awesome if they came out with Stormtroopers as often as they do clones? I have none and would really like to have a couple to display with vader as well.

I was just on SSC's site and noticed they never updated the pics. Those licorice pants look great. :lol

Back