Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! :)

The figure is awesome. A bit shorter than the ANH Vader (though still kinda tall). It is a new buck. Much thicker in the torso, so it fills out better.

The cape will blow your mind. It hangs properly and has a natural soft pleating like the screen used costume.

The display base is rad.

The Sebastian Shaw head is pretty dang close… But it looks more like Darth Vader than Anakin in its expression.

I'm on a show right now, so it will take me a while to get through the edit, but I will have it published before the weekend if all hell doesn't break loose :)

Does the new body pose well? Does he have any trouble standing up on his own? How does the dome look?

Does the new body pose well? Does he have any trouble standing up on his own? How does the dome look?

Yeah, it poses quite well. The pants are tighter than earlier pics, so some finer detailed poses may be difficult, but I got the figure to kneel on the stand,so I'd say that is pretty cool.

It stands fine. It has two-part boots like TCW Anakin and Major Bludd, which looks great and increases posability. SSC designed the ankle articulation to include a philips head screw, so you can tighten them if you so desire. (a brilliant design element).

Dome looks accurate to ROTJ. That said, you have to know that the ROTJ dome isn't as 'big' as the ANH Vader

…And the light up lightsaber will blow your ****ing minds!

J/K… The saber doesn't light up. :p

Table-Flip.gif

Yeah, it poses quite well. The pants are tighter than earlier pics, so some finer detailed poses may be difficult, but I got the figure to kneel on the stand,so I'd say that is pretty cool.

It stands fine. It has two-part boots like TCW Anakin and Major Bludd, which looks great and increases posability. SSC designed the ankle articulation to include a philips head screw, so you can tighten them if you so desire. (a brilliant design element).

Dome looks accurate to ROTJ. That said, you have to know that the ROTJ dome isn't as 'big' as the ANH Vader

This gonna be great :blissy My first ever DV figure :yess: Haven't figured out where i'm gonna have him though :slap

It stands fine. It has two-part boots like TCW Anakin and Major Bludd, which looks great and increases posability. SSC designed the ankle articulation to include a philips head screw, so you can tighten them if you so desire. (a brilliant design element)...
That all sounds great, especially the inclusion of the Philips head screw on the ankle and the fact they're using two-part boots. Really looking forward to your pics on Rebelscum, DM, and thanks for the info!

That about sums it up in these threads, sometimes. :lol

I'm encouraged to hear your thoughts on the figure but I'm intrigued with your statement about the ROTJ dome not being as big as ANH. They came from the same molds so how is that possible? The only difference between ANH and ROTJ domes is the lack of "widows peak" at the front of the raised strip that runs over the center of the dome. In my opinion, this figure will look a lot better with the Hasbro dome again (just like the ANH version did). Sideshow just can't seem to get the size and proportions of the dome correct. :slap Stick the Hasbro dome on it and I think it will be another "whoah" moment like it was with the ANH.

Glad to hear they didn't make him as oversized as the ANH body.

Look forward to seeing the pics.

Sounds good so far, I can't wait until the in hand photos start showing up. And when this thread turns into a roller coaster.

Back