Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So to be a true double figure, he'd need two heads and two chest boxes? I'm not sure how much you could differentiate shoulder bells in a single figure, but I'm not sure how much it matters.

Seems easy enough, although two separate reveal helmets could be a price raiser. Maybe a glossy dome and a super glossy one would suffice.

There's just not much difference in those details between one film and the next. The first one is a lot different. The others, not so much. I'm buying two so I'd like the to see the differences addressed, but there's a lot of room to wing it.

The only real difference I ever noticed was the much larger chin grill Vader had in Jedi as opposed to ESB. Made Vader look like he had a goatee.

Strange this wasn't mentioned above in all the ticky-tack.

Well, it is just a "mashup" of two armors that are very similar. Its not like they're trying to pull off one model to combine with ANH version which was way different. The detail differences in the two probably wouldn't get caught by most manufacturers anyways.

I could see them releasing a "take-apart" helm for ROTJ (with its specific details), a solid helm for ESB (with its specific details), and trying to find a good common ground for the body armor bits.

Interchangeable chest box?

And if they did an ESB helmet at all, it would need a removable dome for when they make the Meditation Chamber environment.

So to be a true double figure, he'd need two heads and two chest boxes? I'm not sure how much you could differentiate shoulder bells in a single figure, but I'm not sure how much it matters.

Seems easy enough, although two separate reveal helmets could be a price raiser. Maybe a glossy dome and a super glossy one would suffice.

Honestly I think they may just have one figure -- they look enough like each other and most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway - I mean, you'd really have to scrutinize it and some of the differences can be replicated by mere chance (shorter tunic, glossier dome - thye might even forget to paint a detail)

So with something like the chest box being different... I wonder if that was intentional for the films, or just happenstance that they didn't match.

I'm in the "don't really care" camp so as long as the figure is different enough from the ANH (where the differences are more obvious) version I'll be happy.

I'm in the "don't really care" camp so as long as the figure is different enough from the ANH (where the differences are more obvious) version I'll be happy.

Ditto that. I can appreciate that some want 100% accurate, but I'm fine if it's an amalgam of ESB and ROTJ. Close enough for me.

Ditto that. I can appreciate that some want 100% accurate, but I'm fine if it's an amalgam of ESB and ROTJ. Close enough for me.

:exactly: Which is why I think they're calling it a hybrid of the two. The product isn't going to be accurate down to every on screen scrape and at 1/6th its just going to look like either an ep V or VI model.

Its not like they're trying to pass it off with ANH's mini grill, different chestbox, rough textures, etc.. and say its close.

As the exclusive item, I want an opaque dome with the skull visible similarly to how "holographic" display cubes are done.

Oh...and some force electricity effects to wrap around Vader.

Too much?

Yeah...maybe.

:)

I was actually thinking the skull dome would be awesome... but pretty high on the unlikely scale :lol

I wonder if a person could cast a portrait in the correct material, take it to one of the kiosks that do that work...and have them do a skull in it.

Unique film traits are secondary, the primary things to get right are the overall height, dome shape, cape quality. Fine details don't matter if the main figure looks off.

Back