Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember they still have the regular to sell too though. It's not like the EX edition defines the fan base. Most Ex's sell out regardless.

:lecture EX ALWAYS sells out ahead of reg ES. By far.

Yeah but what I'm saying is they have a bunch of regular statue's they want shifted also. So making the edition size of the EX larger is not that smart if you don't think you have the fan base to cover all your products.

You're saying the EX ES will be low...

Personally I think so. Not super low but I think about 500 is realistic, I'd be surprised if it was more than that. If you look at some of the secondary characters PF's they mostly sit about 500.

When I say secondary I mean more a fans character as opposed to a full blown popular movie adaptation piece.

Man wish I could afford this right now. Deadpool is a character Ive really been digging lately. I wish there was more news of his video game thats in production.

Just curious because i'v never seen it happen in the short time i'v been in the hobby but what factors would cause a reg to sell out prior to a ex?

Simple when the ex is done purely to cash in $ with a color change and made no sense.

Take darkchylde, she always wear red dress in the comics and the reg version is phenomenal with the red dress flowing naturally into a pool of blood. But to force an ex, they made the dress black...except darkchylde never wore black and it doesnt fit with the statue's base etc.at all. Same as if sideshow released a hulk ex that's painted pink...would you buy it? (dont answer that!).

Street fighter Chunli is the same (to a lesser extent), she's always wore the blue uniform that's what defines chunli for the last 2 decades, but they decided to make ex black and red :cuckoo: There are completists who chase after them, but personally i have zero interest.

If i buy a statue of a character, i want one that accurately represents the character. No pink hulk, or green iron man for me..tyvm.

Simple when the ex is done purely to cash in $ with a color change and made no sense.

Take darkchylde, she always wear red dress in the comics and the reg version is phenomenal with the red dress flowing naturally into a pool of blood. But to force an ex, they made the dress black...except darkchylde never wore black and it doesnt fit with the statue's base etc.at all. Same as if sideshow released a hulk ex that's painted pink...would you buy it? (dont answer that!).

Street fighter Chunli is the same (to a lesser extent), she's always wore the blue uniform that's what defines chunli for the last 2 decades, but they decided to make ex black and red :cuckoo: There are completists who chase after them, but personally i have zero interest.

If i buy a statue of a character, i want one that accurately represents the character. No pink hulk, or green iron man for me..tyvm.

i agree with most of your statement, but you keep forgetting that Hulk originally was grey, so if they do make a PINK hulk i doubt it will sell very well..........just saying:dunno

Man wish I could afford this right now. Deadpool is a character Ive really been digging lately. I wish there was more news of his video game thats in production.

You could buy it from a flipper in 3 years for 800.00. So if I were you I would really try to get it now. :lecture

i agree with most of your statement, but you keep forgetting that Hulk originally was grey, so if they do make a PINK hulk i doubt it will sell very well..........just saying:dunno

lol i know...grey hulk as ex like they did for the pf is perfectly fine, because the original color. My point been if the ex was pink color then it made no sense.

I am not dissing the hulk pf ex, talking about the darkchylde and chunli ex. This practice is mostly done by popcultureshock, sideshow is pretty good about their exs.

:exactly::goodpost:

Back