Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I opened my replacement Deadpool body today.

First, getting to open a second one confirms what I already knew, my glossy chest issues were not where the wax paper separated the chest piece from the body. I had no paint issues with either body where the wax paper was.

But this second body did not have the sticking sound as I removed the tissue paper that my original had; no black paint was left on the paper. (This could just have happened at Sideshow's end as I was sent a body only, but it didn't happen on mine).

Close inspection shows a couple minor areas of glossy paint but (a) all MUCH smaller than my first body and (b) all in far less visible areas than 1/3 of his chest being a different texture and finish.

So I'm happy to have a suitable replacement body. This statue is too nice to not own one of, but I'd rather have gone without than have the one with all those defects my original had.

That said...William at Sideshow seemed to think the defects I had were acceptible, so if any of you get a Deadpool replacement body with a shiny right side and a bit of chipping on the right wrist (happened on first hand attachment on both bodies as careful as I was...) then perhaps you got mine.

So now Deadpool is proudly displayed with my other PFs :) I'm using the chicken hand. For now.

By the way, I'm liking the head that's referred to on these boards as the "comic head" but is there a name for the alternate portrait? I'm not sure what to call it...the bug-eyed head?

Brettb and arniec, when did you ask for the replacement. I was told they didnt have any replacements.

I first asked on Aug 19. The reply came Aug 21 saying there were no bodies better than mine so they sent the "cleaning kit". On Aug 27 I asked again and on the 29th they sent me a body. That said, the body took about 2 weeks to get to me, it arrived on 9/11.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder who in the world up there at SS is doing these QC on their statues. You gotta be a moron to not see the defects that everyone's talking about, not just on Deadpool, but on all other statues as well. I guess when you have someone making minimum wage to do this, then you get what you pay for. WAKE UP SS!!!!!!! You're causing your own headaches!

A few pages back I posted that UPS couldn't locate my Deadpool EX package. Well they called and said it is officially lost and I need to contact Sideshow for a replacement. I called them yesterday and they were saying they didn't have an extra EX. The rep said she will call me back after doing some digging around and making a few phone calls. She called back saying she found me an EX :clap. Ooh I would have been lit if I got screwed over...I'm just hoping its not someone's return now :slap

A few pages back I posted that UPS couldn't locate my Deadpool EX package. Well they called and said it is officially lost and I need to contact Sideshow for a replacement. I called them yesterday and they were saying they didn't have an extra EX. The rep said she will call me back after doing some digging around and making a few phone calls. She called back saying she found me an EX :clap. Ooh I would have been lit if I got screwed over...I'm just hoping its not someone's return now :slap

Wow. Glad they found you one. I have a bad feeling I got screwed over with my replacement base. SS has really jerked me around on that so far.

attachment.php

Back