Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not quite movie accurate (doesn't have that pleated front) and I definitely overpaid but I wanted a robe for him and was having a hard time locating one so I bought this one off of ebay. It was meant for a 1/6 statue but works just as well on the figure, its wired and stuff and looks good, if I hadn't broken his staff I'd be fine with what hes cost me so far all things considered. Heres a pic of the robe on the statue from the ebay auction...........

I ordered this very same robe today. Do you have any pics to share? Feedback / thoughts on quality and fitment?

Thanks!

Well I received Darth Maul today and wouldn't you know it, found a QA issue. One of these things is not like the other...

IMG_8844.JPG

Yeah, contacted SSC and sent this pic last night; I'm certain they'll make good...eventually.

Never did like that 2 piece glove design.

Assembly line Friday 4:54PM

tunic
gauntlet
hand
gauntlet
hand

NEXT

tunic
gauntlet
hand
hand

NEXT
tunic
gauntlet
hand
gauntlet
hand

NEXT...

:lol

Not that it really matters but I didn't realize the broken saber was a SS exclusive...thought it came with every figure. For the price you think they would have included a cloak and broken saber. You would think.

got Naboo Maul last week. Figure is looks amazing, but the head sculpt is very awesome. Major props to whom ever or group sculpted the head

But have few issues
not a fan of two piece gloves, maybe make the plastic softer.
don't like the book ankle joint design. I have Medicom Anakin and the boots are soft for ankle articulation.
The head sculpt seems a bit under scaled but Ray Park who played Maul was a bit small.
no hood robe
And not a problem with the figure but wish Sideshow added some plain generic tile design to the bases, like what HT did with the Death Trooper bases. Just hate plain flat boring looking base.

Other than that, the figure is and the head sculpt is so damn rocking awesome.
few pics with the hood robe from the original Maul. Might remove the wire in the hood, seems to get in the way for a natural look.

DSC05290_zpsddz3dfwt.jpg

DSC05300_zpsjeymksdg.jpg

DSC05299_zpsjcyighr1.jpg

DSC05297_zpsmgnbtmhe.jpg

DSC04916_zpslx6bdzjd.jpg

It IS a great figure and my first outside the OT; I'm glad I added it to the collection too.

I was contacted by SS regarding the missing gauntlet but had to re-send the photo cause the first one didn't go through, I think the file was too large. In the mean time I was playing around with the saber and realized the blades would never be able to be straightened because holes were drilled/cast out of wack. No matter which way I inserted the blades they'd always point in the same direction, which told me the holes were jacked. I ended up drilling them out and inserted a small section of styrene tubing that would accept the blade ends and allow me to better align them. While doing this I put a little too much torque on the saber itself and found it's made in two sections that are poorly glued together at the center; since I didn't receive the SS exclusive I'm thinking about moding it further, using small neodymium magnets to hold both parts together.

That sounds like a great idea. Maybe cast one half while you have it apart and offer it up to the Freaks.

Can anyone advise if the robe from the 12" hasbro figure fits well on the SS figure ?
I bought that figure recently just for the robe, and it fits very well. It takes some futzing, and I had to stitch the hood down to keep it where I wanted it, but for the $28 I paid, I'm super pleased. Here's a photo from when I first go it, I've gotten the hood to sit nicer since.
ca75f9ba97658430413db2b941ec3f98.jpg

Back