Sideshow Collectibles, Is it true.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Friday the 13th line sold even better than the LOTR 1/6 and thats a fact.And their fans were a lot less geekier.

++++ everything SW and ++++ every one who collect LOTR and ++++ every one who produce SW & LOTR stuff.

++++ you all.

Couldn't have said it better myself. My tolerance for the whiners complaining that Obi-Wan's bath robe is supposed to be farmer's egg white instead of light tea-died whatever has completely waned.

Those guys will continue to get their commander Prage's (or however it's spelled) as well as main characters and then whine about how it's not what they had hoped, when all we want is just one freakin' main character from the Friday films.

Okay, the only Jason figure I could not find an addition size for was the regular edition Jason IX (Goes to Hell), they just have TBA.

Total number of Jasons sold=46698

Jason IX addition size=????

Conservatively say that Jason IX non exclusive had an addition size of 2,500, that would be a grand total of 49198 figures sold.

Why the hell couldnt they just do 2 last figures:monkey4

50,000 FIGURES SOLD AND THE LINE DIES?????!!!!!?????!!!!!?????!!!!!????

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't know why SS gives up a line. Could it be that some companies want more $$$ than SS is willing to pay to keep the line since the line would then be less profitable? I am just reaching and wondering what may kill a line that seems to sell well.

50,000 FIGURES SOLD AND THE LINE DIES?????!!!!!?????!!!!!?????!!!!!????

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?

marty_wtf.jpg

I don't see the point of blaming Sideshow on this one. They lost the liscense to another company, you can hardly blame them for it. Send your complaints to New Line. Now, if you want to talk about Highlander or the X-Files, fire away. I want those Lone Gunman to.:monkey2

I don't see the point of blaming Sideshow on this one. They lost the liscense to another company, you can hardly blame them for it. Send your complaints to New Line. Now, if you want to talk about Highlander or the X-Files, fire away. I want those Lone Gunman to.:monkey2

No, they had enough time to at least make the final 2 Jasons.Jason 4 (the last one they release) was made so long ago,I cant even remember when it got out...... Sideshow's to blame.

yup. Instead of wasting time with those bobbleheads, they should have finished the line.

Noooooo!!!.jpg

And they can't buy the license back??? :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I collect New Line Horror figs too...

Even though I'm a Star Wars fan...

We preordered F13 4 Jason at Toy Fair 2006. Less than 2 years was plenty of time to make 2 figures that would have used mostly already existing molds and patterns.

Exactly. The issue is not that Sideshow allowed the license to lapse or be outbid by Mezco... but that they allowed it to happen before they finished their own 12" line WHEN THEY COULD EASILY HAVE DONE SO.

I'm obviously a SW collector, but even I am starting to feel resentment by how much Sideshow (and other licensees) coddle that golden goose.

I mean, they could make THREE Endor Rebel Troopers but not 1 or 2 more 12" Jasons in the past two years???? Inexcusable. :nono

Sideshow, you guys need to start committing to finishing at least some lines that are not a license to print money. These types of things are definitely a punch to the gut of your longest core consumers.

I love Sideshow and I hate to kick them in the nuts, but how many lines is this now that have been canceled incomplete?

Highlander
POTA
Buffy
Angel
New Line Horror

You forgot the Uni Monsters as well. :monkey2

I'm still waiting for that Ygor figure. :monkey2:monkey2

Poor sales cant be used to justify the end of this line.

Well said King. :clap

That's the major problem here and why people are so upset. This line sold very well for years so it just doesn't make sense to not keep it going.

Back