Premium Format Sideshow Captain America Premium Format 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's so much wrong with this costume. The stripes are just the start of what needs to go.

I have to agree

From the collar, to the Cap V-Neck, to the stripes, to the knee pads....bleh. At least it’s an easy pass for me on one of my favorite characters.

Just make a PF version of the AA line. Sold.

I respect everyone's opinion, but I'm really surprised how much everyone is bothered by the costume liberties Sideshow took. I really love everything I'm seeing so far.

I understand though that many want the characters to be faithful to how they look in the comics and while others may feel it just 'doesn't look good.'

I respect everyone's opinion, but I'm really surprised how much everyone is bothered by the costume liberties Sideshow took. I really love everything I'm seeing so far.

I understand though that many want the characters to be faithful to how they look in the comics and while others may feel it just 'doesn't look good.'

Same here. I’m surprised to see a lot of negative comments on this statue. So far the dog collar and the suspender look on his body are the ones that bother me but still a nice looking statue. Will wait for the full reveal to see how the statue looks overall.

Same here. I’m surprised to see a lot of negative comments on this statue. So far the dog collar and the suspender look on his body are the ones that bother me but still a nice looking statue. Will wait for the full reveal to see how the statue looks overall.

Stone, you goin' for two of these?!? I saw you post in the Thanos thread. Two TOTs!?!? That's nuts. Congrats though! :rock

And I’m surprised that there are people who are surprised that every single human being on the planet doesn’t have the exact same opinion about things. But that’s life.

If you like it, great. Buy it and enjoy it. But being “surprised” at differing opinions on comic book statues? Come on.

I realize that.

In case I wasn't clear (and I could argue I wasn't):

I'm not surprised that people have differing opinions (nor did I say that). I am surprised at the amount of criticism this piece is taking. I feel like the last two comic book inspired Sideshow Captain America PF pieces were very well accepted. This is definitely not the case so far.

Thanks and yes I might if the statue is really amazing. ��

Nice. :rock

I'm assuming you've been collecting for a while? I think I saw a bunch of statues of yours in the background in that TOT pic. You have a collection thread?

While not the classic look it might turn out looking great in hand. Because it's not the classic I'll probably be interested in DD more than Cap. It may not be on the table soon but I have to wonder what the next Thor PF will look like.

While not the classic look it might turn out looking great in hand. Because it's not the classic I'll probably be interested in DD more than Cap. It may not be on the table soon but I have to wonder what the next Thor PF will look like.

Who knows how far sideshow will deviate from DD's comic look? He may turn out looking like the Gimp in Pulp Fiction. :lol

And I’m surprised that there are people who are surprised that every single human being on the planet doesn’t have the exact same opinion about things. But that’s life.

If you like it, great. Buy it and enjoy it. But being “surprised” at differing opinions on comic book statues? Come on.

Oh I was actually surprised at myself for not seeing the flaws others are pointing out which means I still need to learn to look at details. I am actually new to the hobby and I do value everyone’s opinion and feedback. It helps me make a smarter purchase. I am learning a lot from this forum and others perspective influence if I do not buy a piece, buy one or more. If it was just me I’d buy everything I like which will be bad

Nice. :rock

I'm assuming you've been collecting for a while? I think I saw a bunch of statues of yours in the background in that TOT pic. You have a collection thread?
I am actually new to the hobby and the forum so still trying the learn my way here. Will definitely share what I have once I figure things out 😁

With the print revealed and with it needing to match the statue, I guess its too late to repaint the stripes on his thighs, huh?

So now the question is, will this statue be worth the price and will a custom repaint of the stripes be easy? Gotta see the full reveal cause I liked the top half of this statue. Stripes and knee pads are a question mark right now.

Who knows how far sideshow will deviate from DD's comic look? He may turn out looking like the Gimp in Pulp Fiction. :lol

Yeah they said Marvel pieces going forward would fit in with the style CA and BW.

Good news for me. I'll just sit back and take a break from this hobby while they come to their senses. Is there a big demand for these super modernized costumes? Maybe I'm just out of touch and I'm no longer their target demographic.

As talented as Biel is not even he could make me buy this...barf

Daredevil-2099-Marvel-Comics-h14.jpg
716067-samuel_5.jpg

Good news for me. I'll just sit back and take a break from this hobby while they come to their senses. Is there a big demand for these super modernized costumes? Maybe I'm just out of touch and I'm no longer their target demographic.

As talented as Biel is not even he could make me buy this...barf

View attachment 388576
View attachment 388577

W T F is this?

It's Daredevil 2099, Samuel Fisk. Alternate universe Daredevil who is the grandson of the Kingpin. That is all I know though I never read the comics.
Daredevil just needs his read suit and his horns. Keep it simple.

Daredevil100pg00c.jpg

Last edited:
It's Daredevil 2099, Samuel Fisk. Alternate universe Daredevil who is the grandson of the Kingpin. That is all I know though I never read the comics.
Daredevil just needs his read suit and his horns. Keep it simple.

View attachment 388579

You KNOW that's not happening. Simple is classic. Sideshow is now beyond that. They have become fashion designers and you will get complex and detailed at an inflated price.

Back