Sideshow Cable Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m hoping this comes in below $700 USD......like between $645 to $699. Any more an I’m definitely out, as I’ve only got a maximum of two places left for comic based statues, and I’ve already got preorders for them but I’m thinking of cancelling both anyway.

Below $700? :lol

Yea no way this is below $700.

And if it’s higher than that I’m fine with that, it’ll essentially make the decision easier. I’ve got most of my money with 1/3 Prime 1 anyway.

And outside of the ‘Sideshow Maquettes’ why are so many people predicting high prices well north of any other premium format.

It’s always got on my nerves when collectors like CBG always posted astronomical predictions on what the preorder price would be, but now it seems every second person does the same.

And if it’s higher than that I’m fine with that, it’ll essentially make the decision easier. I’ve got most of my money with 1/3 Prime 1 anyway.

And outside of the ‘Sideshow Maquettes’ why are so many people predicting high prices well north of any other premium format.

It’s always got on my nerves when collectors like CBG always posted astronomical predictions on what the preorder price would be, but now it seems every second person does the same.

Because Sideshow raises the price with each release

I honestly don't really pay attention to maquette vs premium format. I'm just looking at how massive this thing looks. I just can't see him being as low as you have suggested. Hey, if he is in the $600 range i MIGHT get him. But over $700 like I expect and I'm passing. You're right though, it makes the decision easier:lol

I honestly don't really pay attention to maquette vs premium format. I'm just looking at how massive this thing looks. I just can't see him being as low as you have suggested. Hey, if he is in the $600 range i MIGHT get him. But over $700 like I expect and I'm passing. You're right though, it makes the decision easier:lol

You’re probably right regarding the price, that it’ll be north of $700 USD.

Their most expensive comic based premium formats have been the Deadpool and Bane which both I believe came in at $699.99 USD, but Igo once said that the Deadpool would’ve been called a Maquette if their current naming system were being used at the time, and Bane is well Bane. He’s huge.

The next one down is the recent Thor, which has that great base, and very very dynamic Thor which came in at $670 USD (I thought it was at $645, but that was for the regular I guess, which is what I originally used as the low end of my guesstimate on price).

But I’m still hoping that he’ll come in at $699.99 or less :slap...... for the regular as that’s what I’m likely to get anyway.

I remember sideshow telling people not to worry when the new DEADPOOL was priced at 699.99. Don’t worry, they said, he’s priced high because of all the added detail and extra parts...

I remember sideshow telling people not to worry when the new DEADPOOL was priced at 699.99. Don’t worry, they said, he’s priced high because of all the added detail and extra parts...

Yep. Which is why I guess Igo said it should’ve been called a Sideshow ‘Maquette’, but they were probably just getting us used to the price increase.

But at the end of the day I’m not worried about Sideshow price increases, as the previous price increases made me more or less move on to Prime 1 pieces. As such I’m worried about how future Prime 1 pieces will be distributed to Australian retailers such as Popcultcha, especially with the rumours/assumptions on a split occurring between them and Sideshow.

Back