Premium Format Sideshow Boba Fett Premium Format ROTJ 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow New Boba Fett Premium Format Return Of The Jedi

I saw this PF at my LCS a few weeks back and it was absolutely glorious. Both feet fit perfectly snug on the base so I promptly went home and ordered the exclusive. My first flex payment begins in January then I'll probably just pay it all off in February. This will be the crown jewel in my SW figure collection.

Congrats! This is one of my favorites as well. For all the guff SS takes, their recent PF offerings have been very solid, IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I contacted Sideshow and they offer me a replacement because of the foot gap. Anyone here who has changed any Premium format with a replacement? My Boba statue looks good, besides the annoying (mostly left) foot gap. Would you recommend keeping the current one or go with the replacement?

I contacted Sideshow and they offer me a replacement because of the foot gap. Anyone here who has changed any Premium format with a replacement? My Boba statue looks good, besides the annoying (mostly left) foot gap. Would you recommend keeping the current one or go with the replacement?

How bad is the gap? can you see it when it's displayed? anytime you go for a replacement you risk getting one with other issues that may be more annoying.

Fairly annoying. You can't see it when you are standing about a meter away from it, but when you look at it closely you can clearly see it. But SS confirmed me that I will be receiving a completely new Boba, so I just went with that one.

Fairly annoying. You can't see it when you are standing about a meter away from it, but when you look at it closely you can clearly see it. But SS confirmed me that I will be receiving a completely new Boba, so I just went with that one.

I had a massive gap but I worked the foot hole peg a bit and it's completely flush now.

I had a massive gap but I worked the foot hole peg a bit and it's completely flush now.

I tried it several times as well. But there was just no way to get the foot in.

The Hot Toys 1/4 figure, despite the flawed shaped visor, is much more screen accurate than this. Compare the chestplates and the proportions of the bodies. The PF's body looks like it could be a woman in the suit. SJW Boba? Kathleen Kennedy's Boba?

I cringe at the thought what she would do with the Boba Fett movie. There is a rumor that Lucasfilm was considering killing off Boba and then having someone else use the armor. Does anyone doubt that this would be a female? Yes, that is what KK will do. Kill off Boba Fett just so a woman can take his place.

On a side note, Star Wars toy sales have dropped 47% this year. The Last Jedi was the death of Star Wars. The damage to the canon cannot be fixed.

The Hot Toys 1/4 figure, despite the flawed shaped visor, is much more screen accurate than this. Compare the chestplates and the proportions of the bodies. The PF's body looks like it could be a woman in the suit. SJW Boba? Kathleen Kennedy's Boba?

I cringe at the thought what she would do with the Boba Fett movie. There is a rumor that Lucasfilm was considering killing off Boba and then having someone else use the armor. Does anyone doubt that this would be a female? Yes, that is what KK will do. Kill off Boba Fett just so a woman can take his place.

On a side note, Star Wars toy sales have dropped 47% this year. The Last Jedi was the death of Star Wars. The damage to the canon cannot be fixed.

I have this PF and had the Hot Toys 1/4 scale previously. The Hot Toys was very nice, but I could never get a pose that didn't look like an action figure. This PF is fantastic in-hand and the thin stature seems to match up pretty well with screen Boba Fett. I cannot speak to your dislike of Kathleen Kennedy or The Last Jedi, as I don't have statues of those :)

I actually think this had more to do with it than a small vocal minority of people that didn't like the movie:

"Another possible explanation for the decline in Star Wars merchandise is actually not about the film series, but the distributors. Toys R Us has had a notoriously bad year, recently filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. As such, the giant toy store corporation may have simply ordered less toys, for fear of over buying and suffering more financially."

I actually think this had more to do with it than a small vocal minority of people that didn't like the movie:

"Another possible explanation for the decline in Star Wars merchandise is actually not about the film series, but the distributors. Toys R Us has had a notoriously bad year, recently filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. As such, the giant toy store corporation may have simply ordered less toys, for fear of over buying and suffering more financially."

I think another problem is too much merchandise left over from TFA, my retail/toy stores are still full of peg warmers and there is no room for new stuff. Even at absurd mark downs the TFA stuff just clogs the flow of merchandise

So I’m looking for that anchor to my Hot Toy collection and narrowed it either Vader, Kylo or this Boba. Ironically Boba is the first Hot Toy I bought and started me down this slippery slope. What’s the chance the exclusive waitlist will turn? Thanks! Those who have, are you very happy with him (no buyers remorse)

So I’m looking for that anchor to my Hot Toy collection and narrowed it either Vader, Kylo or this Boba. Ironically Boba is the first Hot Toy I bought and started me down this slippery slope. What’s the chance the exclusive waitlist will turn? Thanks! Those who have, are you very happy with him (no buyers remorse)

I am almost certain that the waitlist will convert and overall I am very happy with it. Selling my ESB version as a matter of fact. Just too big of a piece and this new one fits my collection much better.

Yes, very pleased with this Boba, was waiting a while to get a boba PF and this pose had me sold. Was worried on the helmet paint apps, could of used more detail but still happy. Mines is the regular version would of been nice to get the exclusive but didn’t have the opportunity. He displays nicely and would think it will complement any collection, so no buyers remorse.

70965C8D-E105-41E0-8115-0384E2BC4363.jpg

A6F528AD-8AEA-4F33-A9EF-9015500FA42E.jpg

I'm really on the fence about this one or the ESB one that came out a bit ago... decisions.

It's more than a small vocal minority that disliked the movie. And all the left over stuff from Force Awakens doesn't help. Last Jedi merchandise is already in the $1 bin. People hated this movie. Toys R Us isn't the only store not moving Star Wars Merchandise.

It's more than a small vocal minority that disliked the movie. And all the left over stuff from Force Awakens doesn't help. Last Jedi merchandise is already in the $1 bin. People hated this movie. Toys R Us isn't the only store not moving Star Wars Merchandise.

We should have a notation on every thread that has some TLJ hate in it, despite being a thread that has nothing to do with TLJ. It'd save me a ton of time...

We should have a notation on every thread that has some TLJ hate in it, despite being a thread that has nothing to do with TLJ. It'd save me a ton of time...

It'll die down eventually lol. Just like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Btw I did come in here for a reason but got distracted with my hate for TLJ.

I really dig this Boba Fett. If I didn't have the Jango Fett, I probably would get this. But he looks pretty cool matching next to Boba in the similar pose.

Yes, very pleased with this Boba, was waiting a while to get a boba PF and this pose had me sold. Was worried on the helmet paint apps, could of used more detail but still happy. Mines is the regular version would of been nice to get the exclusive but didn’t have the opportunity. He displays nicely and would think it will complement any collection, so no buyers remorse.

View attachment 389046

View attachment 389047

Awesome pics, awesome display! :clap

I've got the exclusive on flexpay, I loved this PF when I saw it in person at Celebration and loved it all over again when I saw it at my LCS. Can't wait for it to arrive! :rock

It'll die down eventually lol. Just like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Btw I did come in here for a reason but got distracted with my hate for TLJ.

I really dig this Boba Fett. If I didn't have the Jango Fett, I probably would get this. But he looks pretty cool matching next to Boba in the similar pose.

Yes, the Empire Boba and Jango look very nice together. If I was only going to have one Boba, I'd be on the fence between Sideshow's two most recent offerings. Since he's my favorite character, I have both and the Jango. It's a Fett-fest! :)

View attachment 389046

View attachment 389047

Thanks for the advice everyone! May take my chance on the waitlist as the exclusive would be the one I want.

Great pictures and love how the angled glass shelf fits the base perfectly! Such a great pose from SS!

Back