Sideshow Beetlejuice (new figure?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh, did you keep the photo of the Lydia custom? I'd love to see it.
I think it was by Sean Dabbs. If you have Instagram there are pictures there. I saw it too but I’m sure it was crazy expensive. I didn’t get a quote as I don’t have a Beetlejuice plus custom stuff can be crazy high priced.

Found it on Facebook. He does nice work no doubt.
IMG_3071.jpeg
IMG_3072.jpeg

Would really like multiple heads with some great expressions. So many good props too.

Don't expect too much extra with SS.

Mars would have given us 3 heads and a ton of accessories, and probably a Version B in the red wedding tuxedo.
Someone asked on the livestream about what he would come with and the answer basically was what you see is what you get which means it’s the same figure as before just the new headsculpt. But I guess this time the Handbook for the Recently Deceased won’t be an exclusive item this time around.
Yeah, I can't see them getting that paintjob out of the factory they use.
Agreed. Only if they surprisingly start using one of the better factories that Hot Toys, InArt it even Mars use.

On one hand I am absolutely buzzing because I've been wanting a Beetlejuice forever [one of my all-time favourite movies] and I refused to stoop to that utterly TopHat previous version.....

On the other hand, its Sideshow.....

I'll probably pre-order for fear of it selling out [still feel sore about missing their Ghostface]
But I will be cautiously optimistic.

Would really like multiple heads with some great expressions. So many good props too.

Don't expect too much extra with SS.

Mars would have given us 3 heads and a ton of accessories, and probably a Version B in the red wedding tuxedo.
I've honestly been hoping Mars or another decent third party company would make one for years now, the irony is they probably only will if the Sideshow one does well.

Though now im thinking - isnt there a Beetlejuice 2 coming soon? Maybe that will inspire new attempts at the character.

I will say for as much crap as I’ve given Sideshow in the past stuff like this, the Clint Eastwood figures, David from The Lost Boys, The Dude from The Big Lebowski make me appreciate that they at least diversify once in a while.

Fully agreed, their execution leaves much to be desired, but at least Sideshow are currently interesting with their character choices.
Have David on pre-order and will probably do the same with Beetlejuice.

Wow, that looks awesome!
How much did it go for?
Not sure. I never inquired about it. I think I asked about a Freddy Krueger he made though and that was like $1,000 if I remember right.

Custom stuff like Lydia I admire but just have a hard time justifying the price. I understand why they’re more expensive but still. I was also interested in a set of Dark Helmet and Yogurt from Spaceballs but it would have been over $2,000 if memory serves me correctly.

Plenty of promise there. I won't pre order but most likely will pick it up when it's available. I still regret getting rid of my original from sideshow.

I’m super excited for this having missed the first. I guess I’m not jaded about SS figures loving the Dude and the Preacher I just got I think is phenomenal.

Genuine Question, why all the worry due to the fact that is it Sideshow producing the figure? The only Sideshow piece I have is a 1/6th Scale Comic Book Batman released at least 4-5 years ago or so. I was very excited when I saw this, and then came here to see many doubting Sideshow.

Genuine Question, why all the worry due to the fact that is it Sideshow producing the figure? The only Sideshow piece I have is a 1/6th Scale Comic Book Batman released at least 4-5 years ago or so. I was very excited when I saw this, and then came here to see many doubting Sideshow.

At this point, it's a meme. People just like to give Sideshow crap for not matching the prototype. Beetlejuice is a sore subject for people here because the original version has a weird expression on his face, that was not that iconic for the character.

Their track record over the past few years has been pretty good. The prototypes may have been iffy (Blondie, Clone Wars Ahsoka) but production was a match for the iffy sculpts on both.

I disagree about it only being a meme. Sideshow is just very inconsistent.

I would say the opposite in that often the prototypes look good and you get the figure and it’s different story. Plus they use cheap bodies and their prices are high for the quality you get.

Also a thing I dislike with them is that they like to stylize some characters where they come across more as caricatures than a realistic version of the actual character we expect.

I disagree about it only being a meme. Sideshow is just very inconsistent.

I would say the opposite in that often the prototypes look good and you get the figure and it’s different story. Plus they use cheap bodies and their prices are high for the quality you get.

Also a thing I dislike with them is that they like to stylize some characters where they come across more as caricatures than a realistic version of the actual character we expect.
Sideshow’s Uncharted 3 Nathan Drake PF statue was relatively good for the time.

But their same Uncharted 3 Nathan Drake 1:6 figure was awful, specifically the headsculpt did not match the proto.

This was around 10 years ago when I first entered the “high end” collectibles hobby so Sideshow even had this reputation back then for being inconsistent.

I think Sideshow is better with products using their own original interpretation of characters rather than trying to recreating a likeness (whether that be real or virtual).

Back