Prop Sideshow AVP Alien Egg Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any impressions or pix of this from the Con? I like it and would like to see and hear what you guys think?

Pic from Michael Crawford

sdcc2011_sideshow_predalien_10.jpg

and figures.com

DSCF3824.jpg

Me and my wife made this egg for Sideshow. It´s very accurate and I strongly recommend this replica. I shot a quick picture of the egg before I shipped the prototype to Sideshow. Although the egg appears a bit darker brown in this image. I wish I was at SDCC this year.
Elm-Studios is very proud to be able to collaborate with Sideshow Collectibles.

397818450.jpg

Me and my wife made this egg in collaboration with Sideshow. It´s a very nice and accurate replica wich I strongly recommend for the Alien and Predator fans. I wish that I could have joined you guys at SDCC this year. We are very proud to be able to collaborate with Sideshow Collectibles.

Photo taken of the prototype by: Bjorn Elmart.

397818645.jpg

Me and my wife made this egg in collaboration with Sideshow. It´s a very nice and accurate replica wich I strongly recommend for the Alien and Predator fans. I wish that I could have joined you guys at SDCC this year. We are very proud to be able to collaborate with Sideshow Collectibles.

397818645.jpg

397818645.jpg

Thanks! I didn't notice the AVP symbols on the base before. Pretty neat.

Has anybody pre-ordered this piece yet? Is there any excitement regarding receiving this in June? The edition size has not been determined and I know many feel the price is too high (or would have preferred a facehugger with it). Maybe I was dropped on my head as a child, but I like what I saw from the pictures at last year's ComicCon. Any others that might be in on this life-size egg or do I just need therapy:)?

i ordered one but i live in Holland so i must wait longer than you guys.
I think this is gonna be a huge massive egg.
I hope its not scrumbeld when i pick it up :wink1:

Hey guys i made a couple videos of this, hope u enjoy. It came out pretty awesome and massive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VAvdZa8rixw

Seems like they have given you a European adapter by mistake, I would contact them and get them to ship out the right one, either that or you will need to get a Euro-US adapter for the plug as long as it is multi voltage and multi-hertz for e.g. 50/60 Hertz and 120-240 volt. If not then you will need a voltage converter which costs a lot more than an adapter.

Seems like they have given you a European adapter by mistake, I would contact them and get them to ship out the right one, either that or you will need to get a Euro-US adapter for the plug as long as it is multi voltage and multi-hertz for e.g. 50/60 Hertz and 120-240 volt. If not then you will need a voltage converter which costs a lot more than an adapter.

Thanks man, its weird I've never had this problem before with them

Never heard of this thing lighting up before. What actually lights up? The inside of the egg or around the base? Hmm..

There's also the 3 feet tall Alien Egg custom I saw on Ebay, I don't really know enough to tell if that's accurate to the Giger one though.. This is by the same guy who did the 1:1 Queen head bursting through the wall.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Life-Size-Alien-Egg-c-w-Carpet-Lifesize-1-1-Alien-Prop-/170663305357?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bc53608d

alienegg1.jpg

This is not based on Giger's design. Seems like ever since Alien Resurrection, this has been the standard egg look. I think it's a little over detailed. I liked the less defined eggs in Aliens.

Back