Statue Sideshow Avengers Assemble statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall, I think Iron Man looks great. I would prefer a bit more of a metallic look, rather than the flat yellow, but a pretty decent rendition. For me, though, the poses are uninspired.

E5A15B3A-4460-451F-BEE4-57FF83A5D5ED_zps3cu1vqrw.jpg

Overall, I think Iron Man looks great. I would prefer a bit more of a metallic look, rather than the flat yellow, but a pretty decent rendition. For me, though, the poses are uninspired.

View attachment 305279

Was just thinking the exact same thing. I held off on the Cap PF because the pose didn't do it for me... Looks like my wait continues.

SS seems to be recycling everything...they have become lazy about these new stuff.

If these are 1/6 or smaller, I'm all over it. I left statue collecting because everything seemed to either be 1/10 or 1/4. Would love to get a set of Avengers at 1/6.

Assuming they are reasonably priced....which is a bad assumption these days.

Hope these aren't overpriced, especially if they are 1/5 and 1/6. I prefer the original, comic inspired statues/outfits and would love a set of all four.

If these are 1/6 or smaller, I'm all over it. I left statue collecting because everything seemed to either be 1/10 or 1/4. Would love to get a set of Avengers at 1/6.

Assuming they are reasonably priced....which is a bad assumption these days.
You don't like collecting figures? Just wondering. I personally don't ONLY if I can see joint lines/seams at the articulation points.

This is so bizarro world. You have the Avengers Assemble line by Sideshow which:

A Marvel Now Cap and Classic Iron Man, which is confusing as hell.
A pre Marvel Now Ribic style Thor
No telling what Hulk

It just seems so all over the place. Their interpretation seems like it's more about cow-towing to the local culture of artists they employ than it is to the actual art it should emulate. See Randy Bowen. Say what you will, those stratagems were straight out of the specific comic artist (ie Walt Simonson's Thor art) with little changes to artistic license.

That is not classic Iron man, the classic suit didn't have sections and joints in the arms and legs, this is a modern suit with a classic styling, much like the XM version.

The classic suit was a skin tight micro mesh armor, yes it didn't make sense but it looked damn sexy on the page.

fn927d.jpg

Damn and I was hoping around the 300 mark. Still hoping. Reading this thread i see already this is gonna have a lot of mixed feelings. Since I dont own any avengers comic statues (koto 1/10 dont count) these would be awesome for me personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main 4 are safe since the silhouette shows Thor and Hulk. It's when people start dreaming about Black Panther, Yellow Jacket, etc....that's when feelings get hurt.

Back