Statue Sideshow Alien Queen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand how they keep messing stuff up like the scale. The warriors are ants. What source material were they looking at when they scaled this?

Probably this one:
Promo07.jpg

And before you say, "But that's from AvP!", believe me, I know. But does Sideshow? :dunno

It's fairly well known that the queen was around 15', while warriors were around 8'. They should be 1/2 the height of the queen, not the height of her knees. Sideshow fail.

Ideas for Sideshow: either remove current nest base and add a new AVP pyramid-based one (or snowy), re-sculpt the crown or sculpt new warrior which is as height as her knee.

Then again, they'll just announce "but that's from comics" or simply "not from -Aliens-" instead.

I know this is meant to accompany King Alien. They should change that base or use Queen Alien from AVP for people WILL start to compare her to the one in Aliens since that base suggested directly. I also knew that the base was made like that to attract Aliens fans but man... SS should've been more careful though.

Ideas for Sideshow: either remove current nest base and add a new AVP pyramid-based one (or snowy), re-sculpt the crown or sculpt new warrior which is as height as her knee.

Then again, they'll just announce "but that's from comics" or simply "not from -Aliens-" instead.

I know this is meant to accompany King Alien. They should change that base or use Queen Alien from AVP for people WILL start to compare her to the one in Aliens since that base suggested directly. I also knew that the base was made like that to attract Aliens fans but man... SS should've been more careful though.
See, because it was meant to be a companion piece to the king, they're in trouble. When they put the aliens into the base of the king no one could ***** about the same since this was a concept piece without a frame of reference. Maybe this king just is that much bigger. Sure, why not.

But we know how big the queen is and how big the aliens are so we have a very strong sense of scale.

All they have to do is tear the aliens off, put larger ones on (or none at all for that matter) and declare this to not be a companion piece. Done.

Buuuut this will probably hit the market as is. Probably was in production already when they revealed i.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I'd be just as happy to have this without the Warriors on the base. I don't feel they really add anything to the overall piece for me, and agree, they are too small.

Doubt anything will change. All we can hope for is that they are removable from the base.

I was wishing for another SS Queen but this im not so sure about!
Size looks smaller then the matrix queen but then again I dont have much space for the 1/4 scale haha

Thankfully I can easily pass on this due to the warrior size, but I'm sure it will still sell out.

I think the wrong size might be a blessing in disguise, if you put a Hot Toys next to this queen it should be roughly the same scale, so queen is close to 1:6 while the warriors and eggs are like 1:9 or whatever they were going for.

It is a little strange that we haven't had any updates on this - the Warrior 1:5 statue was up for preorder quite shortly after the first reveal.

Of course, Sideshow doesn't list the material on the Alien King, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly plastic. If so, then the Queen will be as well.

Plastic or not, the King looks great sculpt and paint wise. I believe the base is polystone on that one.

I wouldn't mind a plastic Queen on a polystone base with good details and paintjob :)

Maybe they were thinking of going the vinyl/plastic/PVC route with this.

MAYBE they are now re-thinking :lol

I do believe that the whole Wolf LSB debacle has shaken things up at SSC HQ. The rate of returns and cancellations for it is insane, certainly the most extreme I've seen in my years of collecting.

Maybe, just maybe, this will prove to be a wake up call. We'll see...

P.S. Even the much maligned internecivus raptus statue, which was PVC with a polystone base, looked a lot better (aka statue-like texture, paint etc) than the Wolf.

Has anyone ever actually confirmed the King was plastic, or are people just assuming? Hoping the Queen isn't plastic. This is the only piece left I want to buy from Sideshow (unless they announce something new I really want), so I really hope it turns out great.

Back