Statue Sideshow Alien Queen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aliens-alien-queen-maquette-sideshow-300267-03.jpg
aliens-alien-queen-maquette-sideshow-300267-23.jpg

Price is as expected. Eventhough it's 100usd more than King, price could be a bit worse. It's the Queen and it's Legacy Effects (former SWS) and ofc it's..Sideshow. Tons of detail in base, paint is good for the proto. Things looking ok but i'll wait for some production photos first.

Looks really nice. I didn't care for the base but it has grown on me. I think the alien warriors are not really that out of scale. She was really big at the end of AVP. iIRC even Scar could walk under her legs. Id love to get this but statues like this are just too fragile for my house.

Ya pretty damn nice....

aliens-alien-queen-maquette-sideshow-300267-10.jpg

It's a really nice prototype piece. Unfortunately has 2 probs, to my eyes ofc. First, the warriors are really undersized (it's an Aliens queen) and secondly the Queen herself is off scale with the other Alien mqts from SS. So would need to be displayed alone. Not the biggest probs of the world ofc..

Are the warriors def too small.. I always thought of the Warriors being smaller then the Big chap.. Closer to human size... And they are crouched in the diorama.

Alien Queen standing up straight is pretty darn big.. I can picture one of those Warriors getting in a power loader and it being about right..

Alien Queen is supposed to be about 15 feet... If the Warriors are six feet that would seem about right.. Right??

:lol

I agree that they look small.. But we never really get a look at how big she is when compared to Warriors.. We don't get too many shots of her in all her glory at any time (not counting AVP)

Perhaps the Alien Warriors were birthed from small Asian children

lifesize-queen-alien-statue-stands-16-feet-tall-1.jpg

Are the warriors def too small.. I always thought of the Warriors being smaller then the Big chap.. Closer to human size... And they are crouched in the diorama.

Alien Queen standing up straight is pretty darn big.. I can picture one of those Warriors getting in a power loader and it being about right..

Alien Queen is supposed to be about 15 feet... If the Warriors are six feet that would seem about right.. Right??

:lol

I agree that they look small.. But we never really get a look at how big she is when compared to Warriors.. We don't get too many shots of her in all her glory at any time (not counting AVP)

Perhaps the Alien Warriors were birthed from small Asian children

View attachment 402595

Alien Warrior when in upstraight is higher than an average human. Remember how Burke looked at the towering Warrior before his death ? In the power loader "get away from her u b...h" fight, she held also a defensive semi crouching position.

Preview mentions its polystone. Sideshow has learned their lesson lol. Price is steep, but I want it. I'll buy one locally.

". . . This immensely detailed polystone maquette . . . "

Clever how they've managed that given the (bogus) claims they previously made that vinyl was better for capturing detail
icon_rolleyes.gif

Still, joking aside, if the "King" was vinyl on a polystone base (was it?) then I'd suggest someone find out FOR SURE on this one.

I believe that the main body of the King was polystone, IIRCa member of a facebook group had accidentally broken his and posted pics of it and it looked to be solid white inside.

". . . This immensely detailed polystone maquette . . . "

Clever how they've managed that given the (bogus) claims they previously made that vinyl was better for capturing detail
icon_rolleyes.gif

Still, joking aside, if the "King" was vinyl on a polystone base (was it?) then I'd suggest someone find out FOR SURE on this one.

I still think it is better for capturing detail, as evident by vinyl headsculpts used in Hot Toys figures and Blitzway statues, but collectors like polystone as they love the solid, heavy feeling of it.

I'm ok with vinyl/pvc when used correctly, i.e. if Sideshow used it for the headsculpts on their human statues and painted them correctly you'd get the best of both worlds.

I will be sending Sideshow a message and asking to confirm if the Queen is indeed polystone.

I still think it is better for capturing detail, as evident by vinyl headsculpts used in Hot Toys figures and Blitzway statues, but collectors like polystone as they love the solid, heavy feeling of it.

I'm ok with vinyl/pvc when used correctly, i.e. if Sideshow used it for the headsculpts on their human statues and painted them correctly you'd get the best of both worlds.

I will be sending Sideshow a message and asking to confirm if the Queen is indeed polystone.

We'll have to file this bit in the "agree to disagree" folder mate :)

Well-done for contacting Sideshow - please let us know what you hear back :bouncin

Definitely instant buy. Is there es? Something that should totally sell out if they keep it low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s beautiful but $1,100 is a lot of coin to drop on a statue. I’m starting to get priced out on this hobby.

It’s beautiful but $1,100 is a lot of coin to drop on a statue. I’m starting to get priced out on this hobby.

And to think I paid $339 (new) for the similar SS Alien Queen Diorama statue less than 8 years ago...

Back