Sideshow 4-LOM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok for those that have unboxed 4-lom, how's the head rotation? Mine can only rotate to the left from centre, but can't rotate to the right! It just stops and feels like something will snap if I try to rotate too hard!

It's stiff, but no problems.

441dbdcface790b870d8dcddeed22626_zpshjuk1v7x.jpg

e00b5288241d6203dc7c7b950104b1a4_zpsqmifshvy.jpg

Up/down not so good but not really an issue to me. This shows the range of tilt highest to lowest.

d3ab8d6f8f6d4aa6d04373a0506e878b_zpsnsgxwav8.jpg

2040bf2355f0a6ab58ad8837cc9a40ea_zpsthsrcxbb.jpg

Do the knees bend at all?

Sorry for the delay on this one. Not much. Please forgive the, uh, pose.

919ad41ad5dbdf64c385adecdec35e27_zps0fd83rmr.jpg

67fac26f02aa09c1a57b7dd32578818a_zpsd64zjsk6.jpg

Personally I think he's a pretty good figure. Definitely overpriced like pretty much all figures but a little more so. But I haven't had the frustrations Khai seems to be having and that will always influence opinions. I was just after a good looking 4-lom I can set and forget as he's really just decoration for the big 4 hunters.

PS: Sorry for the blur. It's dark here now and I guess I didn't hold the camera steady enough for the low light but can't be arsed reshooting. He certainly shows up darker in pics than in hand. A bit like the Tie Pilot who loses a lot of detail in photos. Or maybe I should learn how to use my camera.

Holy **** you can get full side to side rotation?!? Doesn't yours feel like there's a spot that stops it rotating further? Mine has a very limited rotation from centre to about 45 degrees to one side only.

Holy **** you can get full side to side rotation?!? Doesn't yours feel like there's a spot that stops it rotating further? Mine has a very limited rotation from centre to about 45 degrees only.

I hadn't actually tried head rotation until I saw your post. When I first tried the loose rotation was exactly as you describe - a little to the right, none to the left (his right and left). Applied a little more force (not feels like it gonna break force by any means) and it turns fully.

I hadn't actually tried head rotation until I saw your post. When I first tried the loose rotation was exactly as you describe - a little to the right, none to the left (his right and left). Applied a little more force (not feels like it gonna break force by any means) and it turns fully.

That helped! I just put more force and it finally turned slightly more in the other direction. Still nowhere near yours but I won't push it further as it really feels like it's going to snap now.

I wonder why the head doesn't have more articulation? Nothing is blocking the area.

My SSC 3PO has better head articulation than my Tama 3PO.

Sorry to hear you had problems KK Khai - with weathered figs, I've noticed it does sometimes mess with articulation. My SSC IG88 had problems.

How do people have this figure in hand when it's not even out yet!? I mean, what the hell..I ordered mine direct from Sideshow the day of pre-order. It's not like this is Hot Toys (a non-US company). I thought that this being a US based company, people can't get there hands on it over seas before it hits the US. So I guess the ones that have it 'stole' it out of the factory in China. lol - I mean, the only information I've gotten from Sideshow was weeks ago telling me it will ship soon. Who do I have to kill to be a part of the cool kids to get US based company figures before they freakin arrive at there California headquarters? ..craaaaazy

---hahaha, in the video review, the guy keeps saying "Lum". It's initials that you spell out; not a proper name....(4-LOM: For Love or Money). Aussie dude is being silly. I've never heard someone say that before. It's like how some people say at-at instead of saying the letters AT-AT.

How do ppl have this figure in hand when it's not even out yet!? I mean, what the hell..I ordered mine direct from Sideshow the day of pre-order. It's not like this is Hot Toys (a non-US company). I thought that this being a US based company, ppl can't get there hands on it over seas before it hits the US. So I guess the ones that have it 'stole' it out of the factory in China. lol - I mean, the only information I've gotten from Sideshow was weeks ago telling me it will ship soon. Who do I have to kill to be a part of the cool kids to get US based company figures before they freakin arrive at there California headquarters? ..craaaaazy

International customers may get the figures direct from the HK warehouse. So places like Australia wont necessarily need to wait until Sideshow get the stock shipped to the USA and then to Australia (ie. more efficient to just ship direct from HK). So some collectors will definitely get it earlier than others.

International customers may get the figures direct from the HK warehouse. So places like Australia wont necessarily need to wait until Sideshow get the stock shipped to the USA and then to Australia (ie. more efficient to just ship direct from HK). So some collectors will definitely get it earlier than others.

Thanks for the information. I mean, I was thinking that..but with Sideshow being an American company based here, you'd figure the first place they'd go is there headquarters. I'm definitely more excited for Yoda. Then you got Peter Venkman coming out this month (supposedly). Not to mention Captain Picard from QMX.

Don't know if anyone on here has ordered direct from Quantum Mechanics - but they say in stock items usually ship within 48 hours. I ordered 'in stock' Picard on Saturday and so far, no email telling me it's shipped. Frustrating - not to mention calling there number is absolutely pointless. Your not able to speak to anyone and they of course don't call you back if you leave a message. I thought they'd be like any other company (Sideshow for example), where you call and an actual person answers.

How do people have this figure in hand when it's not even out yet!? I mean, what the hell..I ordered mine direct from Sideshow the day of pre-order. It's not like this is Hot Toys (a non-US company). I thought that this being a US based company, people can't get there hands on it over seas before it hits the US. So I guess the ones that have it 'stole' it out of the factory in China. lol - I mean, the only information I've gotten from Sideshow was weeks ago telling me it will ship soon. Who do I have to kill to be a part of the cool kids to get US based company figures before they freakin arrive at there California headquarters? ..craaaaazy

---hahaha, in the video review, the guy keeps saying "Lum". It's initials that you spell out; not a proper name....(4-LOM: For Love or Money). Aussie dude is being silly. I've never heard someone say that before. It's like how some people say at-at instead of saying the letters AT-AT.

There seems be to be lots of discussion about this because of some youtube dude getting into the argument about it.:lol

In ESB, they are just "Imperial walkers" and it was Kenner who named them "ATAT's." In the Kenner 1981 commercials they are pronounced at at, not aye-tee aye-tee, so to me that's the source..

Noticed the squeaking as you turn the head. Definitely a dud as mine makes no noise at all.

And a call out! :wave

Edit: Ok, after watching your vid I went back to mine. He does squeak a little when I do the 'loose' head movement you get. The more I move it back and forth the more it squeaks. But when I force it past the stopping point, I don't think there is any chance of breakage as the neck post you said doesn't move on yours starts to turn. I think whats happening is the neck is supposed to turn but the head is slightly loose giving a very limited range of movement before it locks with the neck and then turns. The necks in tighter than 3PO's so I need to use a little more force (not a lot and less than the arms of figures like Ash) to get it turning. I can turn the head a full 360 with the neck itself turning. I tried to film it but I couldn't move it and hold my phone.

Oh and no bump on mines head like in your picture.

Nice review Khai. Went over pretty much everything I needed to know. Thank you.

In some ways it would be cool to get all the bounty hunters but I can't bring myself to buy them. Too much to invest in characters that really don't do anything beyond standing in one scene. IG-88 and Bossk would tempt me most aside from Boba Fett.

In some ways it would be cool to get all the bounty hunters but I can't bring myself to buy them. Too much to invest in characters that really don't do anything beyond standing in one scene. IG-88 and Bossk would tempt me most aside from Boba Fett.

Those are the perfect figures to have since they're just gonna be standing around on your shelf anyway.

Those are the perfect figures to have since they're just gonna be standing around on your shelf anyway.

Six bounty hunters come to $1300 (average price is almost $220 each.) Yeah Fett and maybe Bossk and IG you could argue are essentials (and Dengar for me) but with so much coming now, I admire those willing to take the plunge with 4-LOM and Zuckuss at $220 a pop.

EDIT: sorry, meant to quite Mike86

Thanks for checking out the vid guys :)

Excellent vid, KK - I always check them out.:clap

I just need to order zuckuss and dengar , all in for the sideshow bounty hunters although went with ht for fett

Back