Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poor quality paint job :(

The paint job on DeadGhostKnight's actually looks pretty good!

One thing I just noticed while looking at mine in person this morning... the paint apps to the hardware on the dreadlocks. Looks like they were intended to be painted gold but for the most part ended up black (the color of the dreds). C'mon SS. :gah:

SS gave me 3 options and unfortunately a replacement body wasn't one of them. I understand but it's disappointing. At least they're dealing with it promptly and professionally. I'm satisfied so far there and that they've given me a few options. Pretty good customer service. Not so good product quality however on my one piece in particular. I'll wait it out as long as I can and hopefully my Narin Classic Hunter will be ready before my time is up! If not I'm thinking of actually keeping it now! I'm back and forth with it because it's the freaking 87 Predator and it's badass! Even though the paint job isn't perfect it still looks pretty good in person IMO. Though I don't have any other Pred statues to compare it to so I think just having it around right now is like anything new you get. Showing it a lot of attention simply because it's new and more so because it's badass!

Received yesterday, I like it.

SS_EX_Predator.jpg

SS gave me 3 options and unfortunately a replacement body wasn't one of them. I understand but it's disappointing. At least they're dealing with it promptly and professionally. I'm satisfied so far there and that they've given me a few options. Pretty good customer service. Not so good product quality however on my one piece in particular. I'll wait it out as long as I can and hopefully my Narin Classic Hunter will be ready before my time is up! If not I'm thinking of actually keeping it now! I'm back and forth with it because it's the freaking 87 Predator and it's badass! Even though the paint job isn't perfect it still looks pretty good in person IMO. Though I don't have any other Pred statues to compare it to so I think just having it around right now is like anything new you get. Showing it a lot of attention simply because it's new and more so because it's badass!

get it repainted by joe dunaway if you like it that much, the sculpt is alright so a fresh coat of paint will do it.

i think you will be disappointed by the narin classic pred, not sure if you saw the inhand photos i posted from lw studios, it looks like crap.

I even think the armour looks better in hand, it is dark but it still catches the light and you get that lighter silver look in places.

I'd like to have seen a shinier more reflective red paint used on the bloody trophy.

I know a lot of people have complained about the pose but its been a year since the reveal, you knew what you were getting lol.

I'll throw a few pics up in 5 mins.

I watched the movie and also the making of in youtube where Peter put on the suit. Those armors do not look chrome to me. Looks more like weather dark dull greenish gray.

On the bloody skull, you may dilute some clear nail polish and wash it. Should give you the effect you wanted.

And the pose....like your comment ...

and thanks for sharing the great pics.....

Last edited:
I watched the movie and also the making of in youtube where Peter put on the suit. Those armors do not look chrome to me. Looks more like weather dark dull greenish gray.

On the bloody skull, you may dilute some clear nail polish and wash it. Should give you the effect you wanted.

And the pose....like your comment ...

and thanks for sharing the great pics.....

Haha yeah i watched the Blu-ray the night before this came and i think overall the reaction to the paint has been a little overboard. Of course his armours gonna be dull with him being in the jungle, i don't think the colour is the problem with the armour pieces i just think it needed highlights or something to lift it a little and make it pop. But like i said i'm happy with it :D

I'll try the bloody skull trick!

Thank you!

get it repainted by joe dunaway if you like it that much, the sculpt is alright so a fresh coat of paint will do it.

i think you will be disappointed by the narin classic pred, not sure if you saw the inhand photos i posted from lw studios, it looks like crap.

:lol Youre just a whole bunch of negative aren't you?

Does you guy received the 'EX sticker'? Mine is Exclusive version, but I didnt have the EX sticker.

No mine didn't have the EX sticker, but just call Sideshow customer service and they will send you an EX sticker free of charge if you want. I did and they sent me one the next day.

Master, how is it good customer service if they don't have a satisfactory option for you? They have a ton of these still available. Why can't they switch it out? Oh, I forgot: they don't care.

If they can't get you the item you put a deposit on one year ago, and there are still plenty of them to sell, that's BAD customer service.

Ok so who's going to be the first to modify this? I want to sand off the betting and repaint it and add real netting. The sculpt is great but the paints are just eh. If you bought a resin model list this size it would be 300$ so we can't complain too much.

Back