Premium Format Sideshow 1960s Catwoman (Julie Newmar) Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julie Newmar Catwoman is my spirit animal. I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet on this.

Pfeiffer version is really tempting. But sometimes, you have to go back to your roots. Newmar CW is a cultural icon for a reason.

Oh god don't let me order this. :panic: lol

e5513320fb81ae25519590ed7e5fd32b.jpg

16d8a612d92e02fefdffbf95a453bf3a.jpg

What happened to the shiny leather like material of the outfit:? looks totally different on the producton piece!

From SSAlex

The original fabric used on the piece was having unfortunate cracking and flaking issues as it went through the production process. As such a different fabric had to be used. In the end the new fabric better represents how the costume appeared on screen as her costume did have a greater sparkle to it that the original fabric did not have.

Additionally, the portrait was changed to use intrinsic resin as well in the final production run.

As for a previous person's question regarding the line. For now it will just consist of Catwoman and Batman. I'm personally really hoping for a Batgirl someday though.

From SSAlex

The original fabric used on the piece was having unfortunate cracking and flaking issues as it went through the production process. As such a different fabric had to be used. In the end the new fabric better represents how the costume appeared on screen as her costume did have a greater sparkle to it that the original fabric did not have.

Additionally, the portrait was changed to use intrinsic resin as well in the final production run.

As for a previous person's question regarding the line. For now it will just consist of Catwoman and Batman. I'm personally really hoping for a Batgirl someday though.

Interesting...Thanks for posting !

When did Alex post that info? Was it a different forum than this?
The final production looks great! Very tempting.... :clap

Looks great! I like how the fabric used seem to be more durable too vs the proto.

That "intrinsic resin" used for the headsculpt -- I guess it's similar to what other companies also call "transparent resin"? I think it looks great, and seeing how it works on the sculpts for Blitzway and Prime1, I'd love to see Sideshow produce very good results with it.

Back