Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They always separate the neck joint these days and those bodies are covered in little pads.:gah:

Both sandies I got had the necks and foot pegs. I was able to get both of them from the same person parting out 2 of them. I was very happy with that.

I don't really focus on one piece though, I take a collection mentality and I will be up on some figures I get and pay more for ones that I want. It's a careful balance and timing to find good deals. Sometimes you can get creative and find a little jewel on the cheap too.

Like this Garindan, I have $64 bucks in it, $14 for the figure (eBay), $25 for the body and $25 for the stand and it looks great next to the other figures.

A replacement body for the Tusken can be had on eBay under $20 shipped to your door. TTM-18 style Narrow Shoulder - perfect. But that's IF you want to go that way. The figure is posable and futzable without replacing anything. Just soak the clothes, shape/arrange and let them dry. To help him stand, re-wrap the cloth around the feet or hide the crotch-grabber up his robes.

A replacement body for the Tusken can be had on eBay under $20 shipped to your door. TTM-18 style Narrow Shoulder - perfect. But that's IF you want to go that way. The figure is posable and futzable without replacing anything. Just soak the clothes, shape/arrange and let them dry. To help him stand, re-wrap the cloth around the feet or hide the crotch-grabber up his robes.

Exactly. I replaced nothing on either of mine and think they look great. To each his own though.

Pretty much any mass-produced figure can be improved with mods.

I haven't modded mine and I'm very happy with it as-is. In lieu of a stand I use one of those clear plastic foot plates to stabilise the figure.

The stubby arms are a problem but I guess you could pull the pegs out a bit or something. Hands are a little small.

The feet and knees are the worst I've ever seen though. The feet are rounded and they slip because of the fabric and the knees are rubbery and ratcheted.

Fun to see this thread bought back to life...it is a cool figure...

SCC-TUSKEN RAIDER-001.jpg

..just having a little desert fun with this one. The jawas should be out by the time I make it back out here....those should look great in this setting...

I bleached and dyed the robes on mine. I really didn't like that pink color SS did on the robes. Also added some tips and tears.

image.jpeg

Oh how I regret not picking up this figure when they were sub $200 on ebay? Any long time collectors ever see the price on these ever drop back down to normal after a while?

This would be a perfect piece for SSC to release with all the recent Tatooine figures like Luke, Sandtrooper, Jawas, R5..... would really like one.

For all my bitching about the big head, I do love him. I am going to set up a display with him bashing in Tom Cruise's, I mean HT ANH Luke's face with Artoo hiding in the background and Obi Wan walking up whooping like a Krate Dragon.

Back