Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cause a Space Marine wants his hoses so weathered they are cracking.
:slap
Never seen them like that in any cutscene.

But if they are telling people that....WoW...what a **** move, glad I stopped dealing with them in a sense.

Those people need to go work for HT and tell their customers that ED's cracking is intentional.

That is a classless **** move. I am disappointed but not really surprised. If this was a $500 leather jacket or sneakers, this wouldn't fly. I'm selling mine. I can't stand to look at it now. There is no easy way to fix it.

I've got a Raynor too, I've seen or notice some cracking but not nearly as bad as yours wow! Excuse the stupid obvious questions but I take it yours was never like that to begin with? Also are you displaying him where the sun hits him? In a display case or out in the open? Was wondering what environment you were at and thought you were somewhere in the south where it's more humid but you're in SD. Now I'm beginning to worry. Them saying it's part of the weathered look is complete BS...:slap

No he didn't start out like that at all. My Raynor was sitting in a detolf away from direct sunlight using only LED lighting for illumination. I am really bummed. One thing I did notice is that some of the hoses have a glossy sheen and show no signs of cracking. The ones that are cracked are completely matte. I wonder if there was a step that was missed during production. Like seal coating the rubber.

Mine came with broken and cracked rubber hoses right out of the box. Blowing $500 + shipping expenses on this figure is now, without a doubt, my biggest regret when it comes to collecting 1:6 scale figures. Not surprisingly, my 2nd biggest regret is also a proud production of Sideshow's.

I won't be able to check mine till Thanksgiving. I also put mine in a detolf showcase next to a window....maybe the pipes are cracked already, I don't know.

Unfortunately, I'm a big big Starcraft fan. I already pre-ordered Tychus. There is no going back. Hopefully they have a better QC for him, but I doubt it.

He will probably be the same piece, just repainted with a different head sculpt.

Mines perfect, I keep all my stuff out of direct sunlight, never even had pink panties, people need to take consideration of the environment theyre displaying in

Make sure to post when it begins to deteriorate.. Its a shame so many of you are paying mass bucks for this and getting crapy quality OUT OF THE BOX.. hope SST does some

Make sure to post when it begins to deteriorate.. Its a shame so many of you are paying mass bucks for this and getting crapy quality OUT OF THE BOX.. hope SST does some

It is a gawdamn shame! Paying top tier prices but getting bottom barrel assembly and materials. Somebodies fisting wads of profit cash over this.
Those high dollar MSRP's aren't doing anything for the product.

Yea, so glad I went to In-Hand only policy with SS before this guy came around, else I might have gotten him.

Right now I am holding off for more info/cases before I bring it up in SS's QC thread on SF, asking how they can tell customers it is intended weathering.

Went home about a month ago. Had some fun with Raynor and T800. Now he is indestructible, lol.

Tested all the lights, worked just fine. The screws on the back for battery compartments were really hard to work with. Still hard to stand, but I managed to wedge him in between glasses in one of the showcases (I finally finished building them btw). Rubber pipes were fine at that moment, but I don't know if they will crack in time.

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

There were a couple suggestions in the hot toys rubber deterioration thread that I'm thinking of trying on the hoses. At this point I doubt they could get much worse.

Well a couple months ago i boxed mine up and put him away in storage. I really wanted to love this figure but the quality just isn't there. I went to change up the pose that he was in and the joint in his foot has just become so loose I was afraid that if I tried to leave him in a new pose that he would be diving off the shelf and I would be looking at my $500 broken space marine. So now I'll just have to enjoy him occasionally when I take him out of the box. I love Tychus and I would love to have him but if he is anything like Jim I'm just gonna save myself some heartache and pass. Heres hoping that a different company gets the license and manages to make some great space marines one day.

Is there a chance you can pull out the hoses to find something else to glue in and take its place?

There were a couple suggestions in the hot toys rubber deterioration thread that I'm thinking of trying on the hoses. At this point I doubt they could get much worse.

use the honda grease or gummi pfledge.
if the **** hits the fan, look for alternative hoses. similar to HT powerloader hoses, those went kaput as well.lolz

What's up guys:

Came back after weeks of returning mine to see how everyone else is enjoying their figure. Like most of you, I am also a big Starcraft fan. I don't even collect figures (just started RIP wallet), and this was my first pre-order ever on Sideshow. I was like "Damn, this is EXPENSIVE for a plastic figure but I am sure it will be awesome! YOLO."

I get during a weekday, but being so busy with work I patiently waited for Saturday to unbox it. Given that this was my first figure, I didnt know what to expect. As soon as I got it out of the box, it felt super cheap but I got distracted by looking at all the nice details (logos, rubber,etc.). I unpack the batteries, put them in and of course (just my luck) it doesn't light up! I spent some time with it because maybe I was doing something wrong. After some time, no luck :(. As you can imagine (lol) I was so dissapointed because there I was spending $500 on a collectible! I had no choice but to return it for a full refund.

I thought about preordering Tychus, but something tells me its going to have similar QC issues. I still have Kerrigan and Grommash on preorder, I hope those are better :). At least Grommash looked amazing at Comic Con 2015.

Just wanted to share my 2 cents guys! Hopefully some of you do enjoy the figure. Maybe I would re-buy for $350 :p lol...

Back