Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys.

Does any of you know if the heads from both Raynor and Tychus can be taken off without harm to the rest of the figure? Is it also possible to put other headsculpts on them? Any compatibility aspects to take into consideration?

Thanks!
m.

EDIT: OK. I have found out it is impossible. Thanks anyway guys!

EDIT2: Wow...... I saw Raynor's split head and the headless neck in a Youtube review and understood that the very strange configuration would be due to the guts of the exoskeleton being completely hollow. Pulling outwards / pressing inwarids to remove/put the head would be too much stress, hence the split head. I assumed Tychus would be made the same way.. Edited my message, then thought "how is Tychus' head actually split?" and I have just found that the sucker has not one but two heads, both apparently monolithic and thus swappable by the old means!!! How come? Is Tychus made different in the inside?

Anybody?

Dude this is way tempting. But I'm not gonna pull the trigger if the hoses and crap are the same. I cant find any significant reviews on this guy. Does anybody know if Tychus has the same problems Raynor had? (Cracking hoses,glued articulation, loose joints etc.)

I had the Raynor and was woefully unimpressed. So many issues for such a high priced figure. From what I can see the Tychus is the superior choice all around. I am hoping that the rubber hoses are in better shape than Raynors...

I had the Raynor and was woefully unimpressed. So many issues for such a high priced figure. From what I can see the Tychus is the superior choice all around. I am hoping that the rubber hoses are in better shape than Raynors...

I hope the rubber hoses are okay on the tychus, not sure why no one who owns tychus have talked about it after a year, maybe there are no issues after all?

After seeing Raynor go, I figured screw it and grabbed a tyhcus also. I sort of originally wanted black armor with the skull visor, but cant go wrong with the iconic blue armor with gold visor look.

I too hope the hoses are fine.

After seeing Raynor go, I figured screw it and grabbed a tyhcus also. I sort of originally wanted black armor with the skull visor, but cant go wrong with the iconic blue armor with gold visor look.

I too hope the hoses are fine.

Wow, there were 38 left last night now there are only 6 - they are going fast.

I've had Raynor for quite some time and just took a look at him. The hoses are just barely starting to crack. I don't know if this will accelerate into further deterioration or if they will stabilize but again, it's so light it's barely noticeable.

I read somewhere that cornstarch or this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KKHS...olid=9DQUAO2O4KHO&coliid=I1JUNQVZYF99CX&psc=1

will stop the hoses from cracking?

Meh, if need be, I plan to hit the local hardware store and look into metal hoses / cables.

...that is part of the fun of it....I will have to find out and test and see :D

Frankly I do not know how they are currently attached, so I could not say.
Off the top of my head I assume, some where in this world I can find the right size cables / hoses. Then just need to cut them to the proper length. After that I guess they would plug into where the original hoses go and then some simple gluing to keep them in place.

But I have never seen Raynor or Tychus in person, so dont know till he gets here.

Coil springs would do the trick...

wavop-554_0.jpg

Last edited:
I just picked up a used Raynor that was basically brand new for a "decent" price. I had originally preordered one a year or so before it was released but cancelled my order. I've run into the same problems that so many people seem to have encountered in this thread. He LOOKS amazing, but the hoses and arm plates pop out of place where the arms bend and the joints are all pretty loose. I can't seem to pose him at all without the fingers and wrists relaxing which causes the rifle to fall. Any tips on tightening up the joints on this figure short of using some kind of ultra thin black mono filament line to support itself? UGH this is disheartening. I have wanted one of these figures for years.

My first figure like this was a ThreeZero Fallout 4 T-60 power armor figure and the quality is an order of magnitude better in terms of stiffness/posability and I was expecting this figure to be posed with similar ease.

YfWoA3U.jpg

I just picked up a used Raynor that was basically brand new for a "decent" price. I had originally preordered one a year or so before it was released but cancelled my order. I've run into the same problems that so many people seem to have encountered in this thread. He LOOKS amazing, but the hoses and arm plates pop out of place where the arms bend and the joints are all pretty loose. I can't seem to pose him at all without the fingers and wrists relaxing which causes the rifle to fall. Any tips on tightening up the joints on this figure short of using some kind of ultra thin black mono filament line to support itself? UGH this is disheartening. I have wanted one of these figures for years.

My first figure like this was a ThreeZero Fallout 4 T-60 power armor figure and the quality is an order of magnitude better in terms of stiffness/posability and I was expecting this figure to be posed with similar ease.

YfWoA3U.jpg

I can't really speak for the fingers (especially since i boxed mine up ages ago) but for the wrists, if i remember correctly i took one of those micro-screwdrivers and tightened the screws on them. His wrists didn't become solid by any means but they were tight enough that he could hold his rifle no problem.

I missed out on buying these when new. I am sort of on the hunt now. Not 100% sure i will buy one but am on the look out for a good deal. I am curious. I know there was the whole issue with the hoses. Was that problem an issue on every single one or just some? Was it Also limited only to Raynar and fixed in Tychus? I am not sure which one i want. I reallly like Raynar since he is the more iconic character and comes with extra weapons but Tychus is definitely more iconic in terms of appearance with the classic blue armor. To the folks who have both which would you say is the better figure and why?

Back