Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing stopping me from checking out a body swap is the TT hands can't hold the whip handle well for poses.

Easy fix, take wire snips and cut the SS wrist peg so that there are only 3 rings left. The third ring will be where the split starts up the peg. The hands fit nice and snug with no problems. You can move the hands around and they won't fall out. This is a must if you want your Indy to throw some punches.

Ah, thanks. Yep, that's a True Type body under there. I can't recommend it enough. It really fills out the clothes nicely plus you get tight joints. The SS shoes work like a charm with the body. Just heat up the boots, remove the SS foot peg from the boots, and place the end of the anke joint in the hole of the shoe and your done. A very simple but for me, a necessary upgrade. I'll be changing the bodies on any SS figure that uses the pro.

Hi, I tried that technique, but how do you get the sideshow foot peg to connect with the truetype foot joint, it's really loose:monkey4

Wonder how many times they had to put the forearm back on to get that pose :lol

I don't know if its been posted but is that a common problem? When I switched the hands of my indy his forearm did come off but it just popped back on no problems since then.

Hi, I tried that technique, but how do you get the sideshow foot peg to connect with the truetype foot joint, it's really loose:monkey4

You don't. Remove the SS footpegs from the boots (by boiling or blowdrying the boots until they're pliable) and pop the HT ball pegs into the sockets in the boots. Then pop the boots onto the TT.

Actually you don't use the SS footpeg at all. Take your TT body and remove the feet so that only the "dumbbell" ankle joints are left at the of the bottom of the TT legs. Then, take the SS Indy boots and give a dip in some warm water. I microwaved a container of water for about 2 minutes. This will soften the boots so you can remove the footpegs that attach to the pro body. With the pegs removed, give the boots another dip for a little bit more just to make sure they're still pliable. Then all you do is, with a little pressure, insert the the rounded ball that the foot was attached to (while still attached to the tt leg) into the boot. Once it's in your good. Hope that helps.

Actually you don't use the SS footpeg at all. Take your TT body and remove the feet so that only the "dumbbell" ankle joints are left at the of the bottom of the TT legs. Then, take the SS Indy boots and give a dip in some warm water. I microwaved a container of water for about 2 minutes. This will soften the boots so you can remove the footpegs that attach to the pro body. With the pegs removed, give the boots another dip for a little bit more just to make sure they're still pliable. Then all you do is, with a little pressure, insert the the rounded ball that the foot was attached to (while still attached to the tt leg) into the boot. Once it's in your good. Hope that helps.

thanks for the tip, worked like a charm:chew

I actually got around the footpeg issue by swapping the bottom half my TrueType figure with my HT Col. Trautman figure. Really easy to do. All you have to do is unscrew the chest plates.

I actually got around the footpeg issue by swapping the bottom half my TrueType figure with my HT Col. Trautman figure. Really easy to do. All you have to do is unscrew the chest plates.

That's more work than heating the feet and swapping out the pegs. Not sure I'd want Trautman on the Pro either,:lol, but glad it worked for ya!

I think it would have much easier to just remove the pegs but as long as your happy with the results then great!

I just wanted to chime in and say that the Prometheus body is complete garbage. I saw the figure switched to a True Type and it looks 1000000000 times better.

The Prometheus is no improvement over the buck, it is just another failure.

A few reasons why:

-Loose ass joints
-crappy plastic
-with clothes on, shoulders are non-existent
-looks like crap, doesn't look human....
-the body design that they copied is horrible
-and lots more

I just wanted to chime in and say that the Prometheus body is complete garbage. I saw the figure switched to a True Type and it looks 1000000000 times better.

The Prometheus is no improvement over the buck, it is just another failure.

A few reasons why:

-Loose ass joints
-crappy plastic
-with clothes on, shoulders are non-existent
-looks like crap, doesn't look human....
-the body design that they copied is horrible
-and lots more

Man I'm no staunch SS defender, but I've gotta disagree to some extent.

While it's definitely inferior to the TT, I wouldn't say it's garbage. I switched Indy out with a TT and it does look way better, but I'm using the Pro for my Nurse Joker and it's looking great. Hell, the weak shoulders could actually be a plus in Joker's case.

And while I agree with most of the faults you mentioned above, I would take it over the Buck any day. For once, I'm actually kinda' pleased with this one, and if we can get them to start selling the nudes for half the price of the TT nudes I will really like it.

The fact I cant fix his head is the reason I think its garbage. Tried to superglue it....left white marks all over. Tried to remove it by using some nail polish remover, nothing happend. Blah....

Yeah. But if you suck at putting glue in tiny places without leaving dried glue all over the neck, and then you decide to wipe it off using nail polish remover, and that just makes the head all floppy again....it doesnt work.

Back