Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IJR02.jpg

https://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-80302-1-1.html

That almost looks like a pic of Ford superimposed on the sculpt. The eyes look intense. All he needs is a bit of a tan.

Now all Tin needs to learn is how to futz his fig's clothing as good as he repaints faces. :lol

Its beyond my comprehension that someone can paint eyes in 1/6 scale that detailed.

Must have sold their soul to the devil :devil

Unless you were going for the sweaty look....(and I love it and all) you should tone down the gloss just a tad. IMO that is.

Unless you were going for the sweaty look....(and I love it and all) you should tone down the gloss just a tad. IMO that is.

Having seen a few of Josh's pieces in hand, and even some of Les' compared to some photos, Josh's pictures of his own work tend to gloss up his paints when the reality is a fairly matte finish, it's not the best representation of his work.

Having seen a few of Josh's pieces in hand, and even some of Les' compared to some photos, Josh's pictures of his own work tend to gloss up his paints when the reality is a fairly matte finish, it's not the best representation of his work.

Thanks Sean! And to be honest... I usually get in such a rush to take pics, such as here.. that I don't wait for the matte to dry.

But with Indy here I DID want that sweaty busted look... There are sweat trails on his forehead and down his face, so it works pretty nicely.

I really think im going to try lowering the hat on his head when i get mine, it just seems to high for my tastes.

I've been feeling something off about the hatted head since the proto debuted, but I haven't followed Indy long enough to be able to put my finger on what seemed off to me. At first I thought it was that the top of the hat was too tall, but after the in hand images came and it still looked a little off, I watched the film close and the hat itself looks fine. I was talking with Les the other night about the figure and he made the comment about where the hat rests on the head being a bit too high and I was like, ahhh, that's what's throwing it off. The hat's great, Trev's head is great, it's the mixing of the two, if the hat were just slightly lower so the tops of his ears touched the brim and the front of the brim lined up with his brow, it'd look perfect.

Based on people's photos, this slight nit varies on its impact. Some shots it looks fine and I wouldn't say anything about it, others seem to emphasize that point.

Very cool Josh!:rock I wasn't going to paint the hat on mine but seeing yours may have changed my mind.

Funnily enough, the hat's the only thing I planned on painting. Maybe I'll change my mind with it in hand, but so far every photo's just looked the wrong color.

A pretty solid repaint, but I'm not a fan of the stubble, especially at the mustache area, it's too hard defined, it almost looks like a fake beard glued onto a face, doesn't look like a natural part of the face. Some of the texturing in it is great, but something about the overall just doesn't look natural.

Did some work on mine today, repaint and weathering. Sad thing is that the jacket cannot be weathered... but still I am very happy with the outcome. These pics suck something awful, but I will take better ones tomorrow if I can.

DSCN5176.jpg

AMAZING job as always Josh! I might have to get you to repaint my Indy heads when you do those Deckard head too! :rock

Welcome to the board shtick! Great to have ya here. Awesome medallion! Yeah, Agent5 is the expert, I think no one really knew who he was at first, but he is an invaluable resource for this board.

Idol hand: Use a Hot Toys Jor El or like hand and you're good to go. :D

Thanks for the welcome! The only other scale figure I have is Bespin Luke, and his hands are the wrong color. Also, I'm not even sure if they'd fit.

I think I managed a pose that looks decent... for now. ;)

DSCN0535.jpg

Back