Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent WG!
I must say he looks best with a shadow under his hat, very nice! And thank God someone posed that damn bag strap correctly, it goes under the jacket by his right collar, sometimes under it. Anyway, nicely done! :clap

Looking forward to getting mine in a couple hrs. :D

OK, tried as best I could to get some shape out of the clothing and that damned jacket...some post futzing shots:

IndyFUTZED2.jpg
IndyFUTZED3.jpg

IndyFUTZED1.jpg
IndyFUTZED4.jpg

IndyFUTZED5.jpg
IndyFUTZED6.jpg

Damn WG... looks great. I think with it all together even the jacket seems to work better. So just how bad is the body... I'm noticing a decent amount of shots where he's standing w/o a stand.

Is it just particular joints, and are they completely loose, or will they stay with some work?

You can get poses to hold, but it a pain in the ass and all it takes is a slight breeze for him to loose the hold. And generally when you get a pose to work its after 10 minutes of messing with it.

You can get poses to hold, but it a pain in the ass and all it takes is a slight breeze for him to loose the hold. And generally when you get a pose to work its after 10 minutes of messing with it.

Yep, pretty much. If you pick him up to move him, he may just flop forward and then you have to rebalance him.

However, on mine, the feet are very sturdy and the neck holds just fine. Its the knees and hips on mine that tend to flop around. His arms are stiff and solid so he can hold things. It takes some getting used to.

And yes, I am much happier with INDY today than last night when all I saw were the problems.

That shirt cut still drives me crazy because any time you grab him by his midsection you got to straighten the shirt, then the collar, by then the jacket is messed.... ugh! But that aside, the figure rocks once put together and I really like the materials and colors they went with. All looks great.

Indy's pants even change color depending on the lighting just like the real ones did.

And the jacket, despite its stiffness and problem to hang right, actually looks quite nice when you finally do manage a pose -- use the holster and bag to help keep the jacket down at Indy's side.

Maulfan: it's more like pleather -- thicker than the T-800 and much better feel to the touch. Feels real at scale. Its just stiff and does not retain wrinkles very well. You have to really bend it and shape it to get it to look right. Water treatment is useless -- its as water proof as a rain coat.

However, on mine, the feet are very sturdy and the neck holds just fine. Its the knees and hips on mine that tend to flop around. His arms are stiff and solid so he can hold things. It takes some getting used to.

:lecture

Yup, knees & hips are pretty bad on mine. Especially the right hip, its to hard to move him without that hip flopping around. Neck is pretty floppy too, with the hat head it can flop around a bit.

Shoulders, elbows & writs are good though.

Maulfan: it's more like pleather -- thicker than the T-800 and much better feel to the touch. Feels real at scale. Its just stiff and does not retain wrinkles very well. You have to really bend it and shape it to get it to look right. Water treatment is useless -- its as water proof as a rain coat.

Wrinkle factor sounds like a pain, but at least the quality is there.

Sideshow really needs to do something about that 1,000 yard stare. It makes their sculpts looks so lifeless.

I hate to hear that. I hate it even more because sounds like the same issues that are on the black armored body. It reminds me of that Funniest Home Video where they are at one of the Disney parks watching the animatronic Lincoln and he slowly starts to collapse at the knees.

Just got mine.

Initital impressions: Looks good, body completely sucks, loose knee joints, ankles, shoulder and elbows okay but get this..

The head flops over by itself, can't hold place in any position. Sux! Maybe it's the neck plug base joint, but I can't fix that. Hopefully with a new neck plug this can be resolved. I'm asking SSC to replace mine...

That sux Paul! My neck joint is loose too, but it holds position pretty good.

Maybe try sticking a HT neck joint on there?

:google :rotfl I am SO tempted to make that my desktop wallpaper!

:D Do it! I would be honored.

Just got mine.

Initital impressions: Looks good, body completely sucks, loose knee joints, ankles, shoulder and elbows okay but get this..

The head flops over by itself, can't hold place in any position. Sux! Maybe it's the neck plug base joint, but I can't fix that. Hopefully with a new neck plug this can be resolved. I'm asking SSC to replace mine...

:( Sorry to hear that. This body is definitely the downfall of this figure. And it seems that there's many variations on how loose the joints are. Luck of the draw.

Maybe try messing with it, just to see if all the joints are in place, etc. Sometimes just twisting it around some can help.

Who would have predicted that the complaining about the Indys body wouldnt be about the buck, but about the pro :(

Did all that.

It's like his neck is broken, the head just flops around on the joint.

I think it's because the neckplug ball joint toggle thingy is loose at the base, there is nothing wrong with the head, it's that the toggle thing is loose so I called SSC to ask for a new tight-jointed neck plug....

Blu tac won't work either because it's the base toggle that is loose and I can't get in there to fix that.

This body in inexcusable. Where is the QC with this Company? So many of these came out with unacceptably loose joint problems, how could they not know?

This is no way to debut a new body type SSC...

Last edited:
Just a request - if anyone who has a loose Pro body could call Sideshow and complain? Even if you're not wanting a replacement...make sure they hear us on the QC concerns.

Back