Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed! Coco's stands add a little something special to a display.

IMG_9397.jpg

Ok thanks guys, I'll look to pick some up then. It still seems like something that shouldn't have cost more than $160 (or their Deluxe R2), but oh well, that's Sideshow for you.

Ok thanks guys, I'll look to pick some up then. It still seems like something that shouldn't have cost more than $160 (or their Deluxe R2), but oh well, that's Sideshow for you.

Mh dunno. I actually think the price is ok for once. You get two distinct figures for the price. With light up eyes and such... think you get what you pay for.

Mh dunno. I actually think the price is ok for once. You get two distinct figures for the price. With light up eyes and such... think you get what you pay for.

I only bought these on some major price discount last year some time. For that much money the bodies should not be floppy. It's also not like the headsculpt is killer or the outfit really difficult/expensive. I would tend to agree with Dave.

So did Sideshow address the floppiness in the limbs on the later release figures or are they all the same?

So did Sideshow address the floppiness in the limbs on the later release figures or are they all the same?

I think it was improved a little. I just saw on another thread that someone recommended adding nail polish to a 1/6 figure joint to make it stiff (was the Imperial Guard thread). Have also heard of adding glue or similar stuff to the joints to gunk them up and therefore make them not so floppy.

But this is what I mean. Shouldn't have to repair something as basic as a joint (also for a known issue) on something which costs $220 + delivery. Say $250 all said and done.

I agree that the joints should be tight. But that’s no matter the cost and the price hasn’t been set with that in mind I’m sure.
SSC has some major quality control issues - I very much agree with that.

I picked up V2 of these guys earlier this year with a $30 Coupon (maybe free shipping?) and I really like them. Joints were tight but after a couple poses they started to loosen up a bit. Have not tried reposing since. Also one of Jawa hands doesn’t seat correctly and falls out easily. I’m sure I’ll be working some future/nail polish into the joints and hand pegs later on. That price Dave mentioned is worth it compared to what many have paid.

I don't know what they were thinking with the leg articulation on these. It's not like anyone was doing action poses or deep stances with their Jawas! ;)

The should have used a solid shape (like a salt shaker) from the waste down. They would have been totally stable and you could still rotate at the waist and articulate the arms. Oh well, I used electrical tape on mine.

Yep, those dang joints but they are actually really easy to futz and get looking good. Like slikkerias mentioned the fabric drapes really well. If anything they don’t quite grip they’re gadgets very well either. Still look awesome on display.

View attachment 436674
Cocoboloboy do your stands come with crotch/waist grabbers? Do you have a website? What do your stands(like the one above) cost?

These have been on my Radar as well....

But at 120 or so....

Cannot justify it at current price levels.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Cocoboloboy do your stands come with crotch/waist grabbers? Do you have a website? What do your stands(like the one above) cost?

The regular stands all come with a post and a custom crotch cradle that I make. I use either the old wire waist grabber or crotch grabber for the Jawa stand though.

No website but I have a FB page with lots of pics and some pricing in most pic descriptions.

https://www.facebook.com/Cocoboloboy/

I do want these eventually, but I know I'll have to get an R5-D4 if I get these. So that's helping keep me away from them.

I don't know what they were thinking with the leg articulation on these. It's not like anyone was doing action poses or deep stances with their Jawas! ;)

The should have used a solid shape (like a salt shaker) from the waste down. They would have been totally stable and you could still rotate at the waist and articulate the arms. Oh well, I used electrical tape on mine.

In reality, they should have had better QC to ensure tighter joints that allow the figures to stand without support. Sideshow has been producing figures for over 10 years now and a lot of the same issues keep coming up. This really wasn't excusable. I was very lucky that the joints on my Jawas were relatilvey tight, but disapointed that the artiulation on the legs was limited. I was really hoping to pose them in either of these two sitting poses below, but it wasn't possible.

jawa-swc.jpg

16cf4000.jpg

I do want these eventually, but I know I'll have to get an R5-D4 if I get these. So that's helping keep me away from them.

Yeah they do seem to look good together.

Right now the Sideshow figures and aliens just seem a lot more appealing to me for some reason, I guess because there's something a bit more fun and "classic Star Wars" about them. And that's an element that's missing from my mostly HT SW collection right now.

Yeah they do seem to look good together.

Right now the Sideshow figures and aliens just seem a lot more appealing to me for some reason, I guess because there's something a bit more fun and "classic Star Wars" about them. And that's an element that's missing from my mostly HT SW collection right now.

This. Star Wars is all about the odd aliens and characters that kids or dwarves playing them to create that different aesthetic -- Jawas, Ewoks, Astromech droids. Those definitely give a collection some charm. Outside Chewie and Yoda, Hot Toys has exclusively been humans and troopers. Hammerhead is one of Sideshow's best by all accounts. Hopefully Hot Toys makes Greedo, Ewoks, and Tusken Raiders.

Yeah I'm kicking myself now for all the times I passed by a Tusken Raider, Greedo, or Hammerhead at a con or comic shop back in the day out of lack of interest. I'd give anything to have those figures now, and unfortunately I just don't see HT ever releasing them. I think our best hope is probably a rerelease from Sideshow like we've seen with some other figures. Assuming they don't see them as too outdated now.

Back