Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving these.

image.jpg
image.jpeg

Coco, you sir, are a wizard! Your stands are classy and sublime!

May I make one suggestion for your upcoming Detolf stand? - and this is the reason I haven't bought your stands for all my figures :(

Make it "thin" enough that Chewie can stand upright.

Much appreciated, Madible! :rock I had a member ask the same thing a while ago. :lol I think he mentioned needing one as thin as the old Hot Toys oval stands to make Chewie fit but I just can't make the posts sturdy in 1/4" material the way I make them now. :( There's ways to make it work in thin material but they're not cost effective. If I figure out a cheap way to do it I'll offer some up.

Bought these guys today cause I love Jawas!:)

Felt QC have been poor. Forearm falls off real easily and joints are loose...
I wouldn't have mind so much if the set isn't this expensive.

Anyway I am glad to have added these to the collection.

Last edited:
In da house!!!

These little mongrels are great! But also the greatest nightmare to pose and futz. The hood will live or die by how it's futzed.

Saying all that... they don't come within a bull's roar of SoloBones' babies :)

Excuse the crappy iPhone pic. And the other one is hanging out in the Detolf with the other OT's.

The more I handle these, the more irritating it is. The figures can't stand on their own and to remedy this ssc has drilled a small hole in the feet and given us a plastic disc the size of a quarter with a tiny peg on it??? These are supposed to be high end toys! They also comes with hands that do not properly hold the accessories. Ridiculous!!! Too bad because there are a lot of positives about this release but the negatives really make it hard to enjoy these. I will probably still get the at at pilot and maybe snowspeeder luke if I can find a sale but I am near finished with ssc products I think. They simply do not deliver quality that reflects their prices.

I got mine on Tuesday but only got around to opening them today. So far I'm not terribly impressed. The hoods annoy the crap out of me. Really wish that they were attached rather than separate pieces. I'm sure part of the reason they aren't is so we can have the two different looks but I find them somewhat irritating to work with. Also the hands pop out way too easily on mine and the furry straps around the wrists just tend to get in the way. I also find that the trigger hand meant for holding the blaster doesn't grip tight enough causing the blaster to constantly fail out of place. Also good thing there are stands as you'll have a hell of a time balancing them without any kind of support. On top of everything else my box arrived in fairly rough shape. There's a big crease on the front flap and the corners are somewhat worn looking already.

I don't remember this many people complaining about Leia's hood.. which is separate and difficult to futz, are these some what different? Looking forward to my Jawas, even though they will probably end up under the boot of my Fett. :)

The reaction to these is surprising. That SSC couldn't just nail what amounts to a really very simple character - a basic robe, no headsculpt, some bandoliers (and they've done new bodies before like Gammy so that's no "out") - says something is up in a company that's been doing SW 1/6 for a decade.

Interesting the point turd brings up... the stands/holes are a somewhat weird inclusion.

I don't remember this many people complaining about Leia's hood.. which is separate and difficult to futz, are these some what different? Looking forward to my Jawas, even though they will probably end up under the boot of my Fett. :)

I didn't try messing with the hood on leia and I'm guessing most people display her with it down also, so to me it was a non crucial annoyance. I have seen it look decently futzed, ton ton I think had it looking nice.

These jawas on the other hand, well the futzing process goes kinda like this....First get the hoods wrapped just how you want them. Next put the blasters loosely in the jawas hands because the hands won't firmly grip them, while you are trying to do this the wrist pegs will likely pop out a few times and the fur will probably get in the way. By now you have probably messed up the work you did on the hoods and once you fix those your blasters are again eskew. When you finally settle for good enough you set them up so they can later topple over and you can go back to step 1.

Interesting the point turd brings up... the stands/holes are a somewhat weird inclusion.

Once you handle these I think it's pretty obvious why the discs with pegs were included. They realized that the floppy bodies with limited ankle/foot articulation were not going to stand on their own. So instead of fixing the bodies or including stands worthy of a $220 toy they ordered up a bunch of plastic discs for a penny apiece.

I don't think the discs were in any way an after thought or a poor solution to a known body problem. I'm sure they were planned to be put on them as a stand alternative from the get go for a number of reasons. The loose joints, like other QC problems with these and numerous other SS products is just a product of lack of caring, cost cutting and/or poor management.

The hoods annoy the crap out of me. Really wish that they were attached rather than separate pieces.

More than likely because that's the way the robes and hoods worked in the movie - every costume is the same way. Had they made them one piece the proverbial S would have hit the fan.

Back