Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I can see them pulling the same metal rod excuse for the Speeder Bike too. Oh well, I know where to get more acrylic rods for cheap.

The Speeder Bike will indeed have the metal rod as well for the same reason the Probe Droid has one...a much more sturdy material then clear acrylic rods.

-SideshowAlex

Yea, and I think the metal rod is much more appropriate there as well. With the Scout on the Bike, you'll have a lot more weight than the Probot.

Of course, a bendable metal rod like the new Hot Toys stands are using would be ever so nice.

Better yet, how about a clear bendable rod made from a new metal alloy never before seen? Why can't you do that?

I'll be getting a clear acrylic rod for this figure when I get mine, I want it to have the effect as if it is hovering..., just waiting for my retailer to get it in stock, November I think. lol

What is the diameter needed for the rod/stand? Been looking at glass rods and amazon has various sizes.

The Speeder Bike will indeed have the metal rod as well for the same reason the Probe Droid has one...a much more sturdy material then clear acrylic rods.

-SideshowAlex

Eh, the Hasbro 12" Speederbikes have acrylic and they were perfectly fine.

Eh, the Hasbro 12" Speederbikes have acrylic and they were perfectly fine.

The Hasbro bikes weigh nothing though.

Not sure what material the SSC will be made of - but the probot weighs 1/4 of a feather, so maybe SSC will actually be lighter.

The Hasbro pivoting stands are really cool though - you can display the bike on a tilt. Hope SSC does something to enable a tilted display option.

Still hunting for a clear rod for my probe droid. But that is not diminishing the :love

I think I may have a place for this guy now.... now weather to pull the trigger or not.... hummmmm.

What is the diameter needed for the rod/stand? Been looking at glass rods and amazon has various sizes.

3/8" - should be a pretty common size for tubing and rod of most materials. I posted an image or two of glass rods a few posts back.

Glass rods are going to be even more fragile and could snap. I recommend a good solid acrylic that won't warp, bend, or easily break.

3/8" - should be a pretty common size for tubing and rod of most materials. I posted an image or two of glass rods a few posts back.

Thanks. I followed a link and thought I saw 1/4" for the rod size.
Although i mentioned a glass rod............I really think the acrylic rod would only bend over time if it was in a hot environment/room.

Last edited:
Thanks. I followed a link and thought I saw 1/4" for the rod size.
I really think the acrylic rod would only bend over time if it was in a hot environment/room.

Where do you live? The Sahara desert?

Acrylic tube is so cheap if people are that worried about it bending just swap it out every few months.

Back