Sideshow 1/6 Idol Pedestal???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Belloq figure I was 50/50 on. He's nonessential, but not totally a waste of space on my shelf either.

So honestly, the idol display tipped me in the direction of being okay with him.

Same here. I definitely don't see myself being a completist in the Indy line but now Belloq is a must-have. He may eventually end up on the shelf, sold or traded but that pedestal cannot be passed on.

Same here. I definitely don't see myself being a completist in the Indy line but now Belloq is a must-have. He may eventually end up on the shelf, sold or traded but that pedestal cannot be passed on.

Hell no, as soon as I finally saw Indy movies a few months ago, my first thought was SSC should do the idol pedistal because it's size would be like the holochess set. I'm psyched they've done, just wish it were handled a different way.

Has SS officially announce the pedestal is coming with Bellog? Or is it just our speculation? I really don't see them putting them together. It just doesn't make sense at all. Perhaps the extra piece of floor shown in the picture is what comes with bellog but still doesn't add up.

Has SS officially announce the pedestal is coming with Bellog? Or is it just our speculation? I really don't see them putting them together. It just doesn't make sense at all. Perhaps the extra piece of floor shown in the picture is what comes with bellog but still doesn't add up.

It was confirmed in one of the videos.

It's stated right in the Sideshow SDCC video of the Indy display, there's the regular edition of Belloq that is just the figure and the idol pedistal is the Sideshow Exclusive item.

Poor SS...they can't win for losing sometimes.

They want to offer a key character that, while important to the collection (he is Indy's ROTA nemesis after all) is still a character that's basically just a guy in a suit.

They probably had the same thoughts when it came to offering Palpatine,,,how can we jazz up this release which is basically just an old guy in a red dress? Viola! Two-pack him with his bad-ass alter ego! Great solution, everybody loved it.

With Belloq, they could have gone with a 2 pack (white suit/ceremonial robes) but instead go for something that will end up adding great display value to the Indy ROTA collection...the idol stand environment.

I think it's pretty inspired, actually. I love the idea the Sideshow is actually thinking outside the box to offer some variety in this collection.

I agree with the sentiment behind what you're saying, but when you look at how long we've waited to hear about what the next Indy release would be, it's a big disappointment that all we're getting is "just a guy in a suit". I think my main worry is that SS have not been as strong in the support and delivery of this line as they might have been, and offering Belloq might kill the line whereas someone with a bit more of a "look" to them (eg Toht, Mola Ram, Henry Snr, etc) may be more likely to keep it going.

Paired with the...

Worst

Figure

Ever.

:whip ;)

Nahh, if you're a hardcore Raiders fan/collector, I can't see you not wanting Belloq in your collection.

Belloq is probably not a great choice for a line made up of folks like myself who will just get standout figures here and there along with hardcores that'll get it all, and I think SSC knows it since they've made such a must have exclusive, it'll sell him.

Considering the exclusive Belloq is much higher priced than the regular version I think it's pretty lame of Sideshow to put the pedestal with Belloq. They're forcing everyone that only wants the pedestal to spend an extra $80 on a figure they don't want and really doesn't have anything to do with the pedestal. Sideshow's prices are high enough that they shouldn't have to stoop to underhanded tricks like this!

The Idol pedestal should be sold separately like the sabacc table and jabba's throne was!

This is a lousy way to treat such loyal customers!

Belloq is a must have for me and the pedestal is the icing on the cake. Believe me I'm in no way a completest of any line unless it's an important character. Belloq, like it or not was Indy's biggest foe in Raiders. The throne is not that important, but a nice extra. Seriously, Sideshow doesn't own us anything, especially when all they hear is whining.

The figure is available seperately from the base i think it was $69.99, not positive as i didn't order that. Figure with base is $139.99...got my invoice right in front of me :) Not sure I would have ordered the figure alone but the exclusive sold if for me all the way, gonna make for a great display piece for the figures.

Then it should be $70 for Belloq and $70 for the pedestal. There's no reason why the pedestal should only be sold with Belloq except that Sideshow is being greedy and wants to force us to buy a figure that they don't think will sell good enough on it's own.

Unless I'm wrong Exclusives were always a small extra item and they were the same price as the regular edition. I don't like this new direction!

Then it should be $70 for Belloq and $70 for the pedestal. There's no reason why the pedestal should only be sold with Belloq except that Sideshow is being greedy and wants to force us to buy a figure that they don't think will sell good enough on it's own.

Unless I'm wrong Exclusives were always a small extra item and they were the same price as the regular edition. I don't like this new direction!

I DO like it. We're finally getting 1/6 environments that are perfect for dios and on top of that the line is continuing...

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The exclusive Belloq with the pedestal is $140. I believe Belloq on his own is $80.

Consider this - SSC does not have the license for diorama pieces for Indiana Jones. So the ONLY way to offer the pedestal is to include it with a figure.

So think about it before complaining too much about getting a 1/6 idol pedestal!

And judging to the reaction to Belloq, I guess the Indy license will live and die with just Indy. If there's no support for secondary characters then they won't make them.

What don't get is why Toht was not the second figure. I think Belloq looks like a great figure but it is so spartan and not the most interesting visually.

The exclusive Belloq with the pedestal is $140. I believe Belloq on his own is $80.

Consider this - SSC does not have the license for diorama pieces for Indiana Jones. So the ONLY way to offer the pedestal is to include it with a figure.

So think about it before complaining too much about getting a 1/6 idol pedestal!

And judging to the reaction to Belloq, I guess the Indy license will live and die with just Indy. If there's no support for secondary characters then they won't make them.

I will buy this figure as long as I get the pedestal. I really think this line should die after that. Wait though give us Mola Ram first! Then kill it!

Well, if Sideshow was gonna use the next figure after Indy to make or break the line, the least they could have done was make a more interesting character. I mean really, he is just a guy in a suit!

Back