Sideshow 1/6 Idol Pedestal???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow 1/6 Idol Pedistal???

That is one terrible photo. The pedestal looks cheap and nasty and Indy looks just as bad.:monkey4
I'll have to take back what I said about the pedestal. It doesn't look like foam in that pic and looks quite good.

Indy still doesn't resemble Ford. Can the paint be that bad? So I'm out. Not interested in another Relic Hunter. Maybe they'll make good on another version. It really is a shame they took, what looked to be, a fantastic sculpt and turned it into whomever that is. I'm f'un disgusted. Sorry, no, just disgusted. Not falling for that custard joke. :monkey5

I could have sworn that after Toht and Mola Ram, Belloq was the next villain everyone wanted. In fact for a while on the poll, Belloq was winning. Now we get the pedestal AND Belloq.

Why so serious? :D

I would have bought the stand, but I dont want the figure.

It will get parted out I am sure, I can get the stand that way.

Weird decision on SSs part.

Re: Sideshow 1/6 Idol Pedistal???

I'll have to take back what I said about the pedestal. It doesn't look like foam in that pic and looks quite good.

Indy still doesn't resemble Ford. Can the paint be that bad? So I'm out. Not interested in another Relic Hunter. Maybe they'll make good on another version. It really is a shame they took, what looked to be, a fantastic sculpt and turned it into whomever that is. I'm f'un disgusted. Sorry, no, just disgusted. Not falling for that custard joke. :monkey5

Indy's paint will prolly be done like Clone Armor Kenobi, whos paint aps look fantastic.

My Indy is getting a repaint, regardless. There's no way I'm going to let Trev's fantastic sculpt stay with a factory paint application.

Well if Evil's right and its a cast head it could look very similar to that PS mock-up we had awhile back. Seems like figures on the Pro have painted proto's since they are on an early casting... at some point they'll need to start showing the proto with a cast head as well.

Well if Evil's right and its a cast head it could look very similar to that PS mock-up we had awhile back. Seems like figures on the Pro have painted proto's since they are on an early casting... at some point they'll need to start showing the proto with a cast head as well.

It's only fair we get to see a proto closer to the final product, so they need to start showing us the cast head.

I wonder if it was a later decision to go with cast color heads... seems like that would be more of a selling point that they would want to advertise early on.

Poor SS...they can't win for losing sometimes.

They want to offer a key character that, while important to the collection (he is Indy's ROTA nemesis after all) is still a character that's basically just a guy in a suit.

They probably had the same thoughts when it came to offering Palpatine,,,how can we jazz up this release which is basically just an old guy in a red dress? Viola! Two-pack him with his bad-ass alter ego! Great solution, everybody loved it.

With Belloq, they could have gone with a 2 pack (white suit/ceremonial robes) but instead go for something that will end up adding great display value to the Indy ROTA collection...the idol stand environment.

I think it's pretty inspired, actually. I love the idea the Sideshow is actually thinking outside the box to offer some variety in this collection.

I think it's pretty inspired, actually. I love the idea the Sideshow is actually thinking outside the box to offer some variety in this collection.

I have to agree. IMO nothing wrong with a little creativity in delivering items.

Just caught a video on the Indy stuff. Not only does it come with Belloq, but it's the Sideshow Exclusive item, doesn't come with the regular figure. This has to be the most critical Ex. piece ever from them.

Always the voice of reason JediBear, you make good points. (It's still rather disappointing though)

Poor SS...they can't win for losing sometimes.

They want to offer a key character that, while important to the collection (he is Indy's ROTA nemesis after all) is still a character that's basically just a guy in a suit.

They probably had the same thoughts when it came to offering Palpatine,,,how can we jazz up this release which is basically just an old guy in a red dress? Viola! Two-pack him with his bad-ass alter ego! Great solution, everybody loved it.

With Belloq, they could have gone with a 2 pack (white suit/ceremonial robes) but instead go for something that will end up adding great display value to the Indy ROTA collection...the idol stand environment.

:lecture I was gonna order them either way.

Just caught a video on the Indy stuff. Not only does it come with Belloq, but it's the Sideshow Exclusive item, doesn't come with the regular figure. This has to be the most critical Ex. piece ever from them.

Yeah, but you'll also be paying an extra $40 or $50 for it... so kind of an odd move IMO. Might as well just sell it seperately and include some extra clothing items to give him the dig outfit.

The Belloq figure I was 50/50 on. He's nonessential, but not totally a waste of space on my shelf either.

So honestly, the idol display tipped me in the direction of being okay with him.

I just want to know what the price is, then I can make a final decision. If it's $120, I might go for it, as I could probably sell Belloq for $40, maybe $50. And that pedestal for $60-70 ain't bad.

Back