Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
168.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

What's the source material for that gif?

Yeh, before X-Wing Luke I was sure I'd be doubling up on 3PO. Now I'm sure my display will be weathered droid and shiny droid.

We'll see. I've been pretty vocal myself about the red 5 pricing but that's not necessarily indicative of every release from now on. Fingers crossed because while the other was an easy pass, this isn't.

Its pricey for C3PO who likely will be fairly barebones, but I'd probably pay that. Essential character for my collection.

Is $229.99 pricey?

That means waiting for a discount code at the very least, likely reward points given that he won't be out for possibly another year.

There are a lot more unique elements included with R2 that have absolutely zero re-use possibility - namely in the accessories. As a counterpart to R2, I stand by m earlier pricing suggestions. I man anything's possible, but pricing this guy over $180 is really lunacy on Sideshow's part.

Is $229.99 pricey?

Barebones Luke for $240 or 3PO for $230? 3PO sounds like a steal, circa 11/2014 (not so much circa 7/2014.)

The problem... is how long it takes for this to go up for PO. If this doesn't go up for another 3-4 months, we're doomed.:lol

It was like Biker for $190?! Then it was like Luke X for $240?! Come March '15 it's like 3PO for $265?!:panic:

Just not sure how we go from $190 Biker to $240 Luke - then back to $200-220 for all-new 3PO?

I'm hoping he'll be <$175. The way I see it, he's all plastic. Plastic is cheap. There's no expensive cloth material to source and dye and no expensive mass sewing to perform and there's no portrait to paint. There's just a few molds, some if not all of which can be reused for other protocol droids. The paint is also quite simple. Although it would have been nice if he was electroplated instead of painted, Oh well.

R2 (while smaller) is also all plastic with a bunch of tiny accessories magnetic bits and electronics and he's only $150.

X-Wing Luke is $240.00 and less complex than 3PO tooling wise, so I'd fully expect that 3PO will be more expensive than Luke. That does make R2's price all the more curious, I admit. Maybe they are counting on a lot of re-use from those molds, I dunno.

That's what's most frustrating about Luke, is that when you use the whole "re-use" thing in explaining the Battle Droids or the Clones, that all flies out the window, because you can re-use everything on Luke for at least, Biggs, Wedge and Red Leader. At $160 or so, I think a number of people would've jumped on Biggs and Wedge, but at $240, that's just not going to happen. The idea of having a group of Rebel Pilots will never happen. That's a bummer.

I think come release time we will be seeing a lot of "Hot CUSTOM Toys Sideshow Luke Red Five Pilot Head 1/6 Scale Sculpt" on eBay. Thus far it's been a lot of Enterbay and Hot Toys falling victim to bootleg heads. With Sideshow officially stepping foot in with the big boys, I think we can expect the same treatment. . . "mo money, mo problems"

Is this up for PO and I missed it? (Doggone long hours again)

It's up for PO, but you haven't missed anything. ;) I've unsubscribed from the Pilot Luke thread in solidarity with some other folks in hopes it dies and people just stop talking about it. That's the most powerful message we can send to Sideshow.

I meant 3PO...I know that Red Five Luke is up (and so's that price...yowch!)...but I am waiting for this one (3PO)....i like the little glimpses I've seen here and there of it.

Back