Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some info from the Star Wars Collectors Panel at SDCC - courtesy of Rebelscum.

Sideshow Collectibles followed. Matt Bischof showing off some of the terrific sixth-scale line:

- Echo and Fives Arc Clone troopers
- Scout trooper and Speeder Bike
- R2-D2 (with dome-lightsaber, touch-sensor lights, sail barge serving tray, and more)
- C-3PO (weathered in all ABS plastic for a pre-oil bath look)
- X-Wing Luke Pilot
- TIE Fighter Pilot

Is that it? Besides giving an excuse to why 3PO is oddly colored, did they say anything else?

I don't know if it's a question of people wanting him chromed and shiny so much as giving the appearance that he would scrub up well but for the weathering. In the pics - with awful lighting - the feel is one of a dull matte finish under the grime. Until better pics are shown it's hard to say exactly what the surface is doing. To me at least.

Nail on the head.

Thanks, Rambler!

giphy.gif

the main reason why he was not chromed because it reflected to much on camera

for those who want chrome just use the Hasbro figure if your doing the ceremonial set up that was the only time he was ultra shiny

So the regular release will be chromed? While they have shown a lot of good stuff, this has been the letdown for me, was expecting a bit more.

I cannot get past the chin now though haha.

C3-Leno?

Thunder-thigh-PO?

Seriously though - solid effort SSC, looking forward to fully-lit pre-order pics. Sub-$200 3PO FTW.

This is 85% to Tamashii's 95%. The Tamashii nailed the head/proportions but was double the price, three times the weight and double the piston thickness.

And... SSC Hoth droid incoming!

The Tamashii nailed the head

Both are flawed here. They just missed different parts of the head, they certainly didn't nail it. You can rank these guys a million ways, but as far as screen accuracy, I'd say they both hit and miss a number of details - maybe putting them on level ground in this respect.

Both are flawed here. They just missed different parts of the head, they certainly didn't nail it. You can rank these guys a million ways, but as far as screen accuracy, I'd say they both hit and miss a number of details - maybe putting them on level ground in this respect.

:dunno Yeah, a buddy is a certified C-3P-ologist (built his own...) and he swears the Tamashii is the only "toy" (his term) that's ever nailed 3PO's head shape. But then he's a C-3P-ologist and so maybe should be examining his own head!

The Tamashii one does get that "it's threepio!" rush going for me (albeit at too higher cost) but the new SSC 3PO looks terrific overall even with a head that's a whisker off. Certainly not off like the Hasbro, Medicomm or the 1/4 scale heads which were off even to a casual glance.

Can't wait to get this figure and see how they did the articulation on all the body points. And will the head be ball jointed and such? It seems so complex (shoulders need two different swivels plus ball joint etc.) but their IG-88 was an engineering marvel.

I don't know how far back you've read in this particular thread, but what I'm hoping and waiting for the most in the short-term is that SideshowAlex (sideshow employee posting here) is able to pose 3PO and R2 together on the same level for a few photos. Anyone who's also followed the R2 thread should want to see this pretty badly. ;)

People never seem to report much from these panels. :dunno

Most sites, including RS, tend to take a ton of photos, toss them into an unsorted and untagged gallery with tiny thumbnails and then never provide any references or anything to read. This really makes the photos of more relevance to them because they know what they're looking at, but not so much for everyone else - 99% of the eyeballs looking at the content.

Back