Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the Sideshow looks awful. Would be amazing if it was Hasbro but for $230 + shipping it is not worth it. I would either wait for Hot Toys or roll with a Tama.

He should actually be a bit taller than Luke. In most of the shots 3PO was a hair taller than Luke. Plus Anthony Daniels is 5'9" and Mark Hamil is between 5'7" and 5'8".

It's funny I found pics that give evidence for and against my theory so it's always hard to tell what is real and what is movie magic. I've just always seen Luke as being slightly shorter than 3PO

I didn't know about their respective heights. I think at 1/6th scale, the difference should be minimal. I also have found pics where the appear to be the same size, but I think what is throwing me off in that pic of the SS R2 & 3PO is that R2 is undersized.

Yep. And in fairness, that's one of the few things the Tamashii was hammered for

Because most people are so enamoured by the weight and trying to justify the price they can't see anything else. :) There's at least as much wrong with the Tama as any other version if you stop to look. But I'll be damned if I'm going to get rid of it or (gasp) get a second high-end 3PO.

As an aside... Anyone that compares SSC (or HT or any other high end producer) to Hasbro has their head extremely far up their rears.

Because most people are so enamoured by the weight and trying to justify the price they can't see anything else. :) There's at least as much wrong with the Tama as any other version if you stop to look. But I'll be damned if I'm going to get rid of it or (gasp) get a second high-end 3PO.

As an aside... Anyone that compares SSC (or HT or any other high end producer) to Hasbro has their head extremely far up their rears.
There was a decent amount of comparing the Thanos to a Hasbro in that thread a while back. Apparently, you can walk into Toys R Us and any figure there would look better than Thanos.

...There's at least as much wrong with the Tama as any other version if you stop to look...
I'll disagree with you about that to my dying day. :cuss Tamashii's 3PO really captures the character, IMO. SSC for me isn't even close. Just hate how his face looks, among other things.

I keep going back to this FB pic...

facebook 1-4-16a.jpg

Back