Side by side comparison thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys due to licence issues and respecting artists I've had to take the pictures down....... This thread will be phased out soon sadly.

Last edited:
Very cool idea for a thread!

tumblr_mkse2iJ3Jw1snogyzo1_400.jpg
TerminatorTruck.jpg

:lol

Yeah, like this idea, by the way, messaging you now Godfather! :)

Definitely a good idea for a thread. They're all nice but I especially like that Willy Wonka Rainman did.

Good idea for a thread - the side-by-sides are pretty cool when the screen shot and figure are taken from similar angles and/or with similar expressions.

Rainman really knocked those PF sculpts outa the park. And I don't know who Captain Spaulding is but that looks great too.

Rainman really knocked those PF sculpts outa the park. And I don't know who Captain Spaulding is but that looks great too.

Really? I think they're completely underwhelming. But that is a good pic that shows them in the best possible light - it made me feel better about having bought them.

Really? I think they're completely underwhelming. But that is a good pic that shows them in the best possible light - it made me feel better about having bought them.

Probably Travolta more than Jackson but I've never seen another pic of this set. The Travolta sculpt just looks really lifelike to me.

Rainman's pulp fiction boys are amazingly underrated, they r two of my favorites!

Underrated? The sets are nice, but the sculpts are terrible. To my eyes at least. I don't like Rainman's 'signature puppy dog eyes' that creep into some of his sculpts but are curiously absent in others. Jules' face is the wrong shape, Vince's hair is a hack job and the expressions on both are lacking. Snyderman's sculpts have a superior likeness imo.

Probably Travolta more than Jackson but I've never seen another pic of this set. The Travolta sculpt just looks really lifelike to me.

Aeon did a great paint app on these and can take a lot of credit for how well the sculpts manage to look in some pics.

Underrated? The sets are nice, but the sculpts are terrible. To my eyes at least. I don't like Rainman's 'signature puppy dog eyes' that creep into some of his sculpts but are curiously absent in others. Jules' face is the wrong shape, Vince's hair is a hack job and the expressions on both are lacking. Snyderman's sculpts have a superior likeness imo.

Yes, underrated, these two figures have such presence especially for 2 guys in suits, they look amazing, I rank them near the top of my Rainman figures above, Bickle, Anton, and Wonka. Only below Doc and Plainview. Snyderman's sculpts look so fake to me, they are so smooth and lack detail. I definitely don't see Vince's hair as a hack job? Do you mean the break in the back from molding?

Yes, underrated, these two figures have such presence especially for 2 guys in suits, they look amazing, I rank them near the top of my Rainman figures above, Bickle, Anton, and Wonka. Only below Doc and Plainview. Snyderman's sculpts look so fake to me, they are so smooth and lack detail. I definitely don't see Vince's hair as a hack job? Do you mean the break in the back from molding?

I guess you're a fan of RM's style then, because I reckon Anton and Wonka suffer from the same puppy-dog eyes. Doc and Plainview are stellar though. I think Snyderman's sculpts are let down by the paint - the likeness is clearly there, but you could be right about the finer detail. I'd like to see a good paint app on those so I can properly compare them with RM's. RM Vince's hair doesn't bother me all that much given that the separate hairpiece has been reasonably well integrated into the final scupt, and it's at the back - my main problem is with Jules. Vince is a decent likeness, Jules looks swollen.

It's no surprise that they look good as two guys in suits though - the tailoring is outstanding.

I guess you're a fan of RM's style then, because I reckon Anton and Wonka suffer from the same puppy-dog eyes. Doc and Plainview are stellar though. I think Snyderman's sculpts are let down by the paint - the likeness is clearly there, but you could be right about the finer detail. I'd like to see a good paint app on those so I can properly compare them with RM's. RM Vince's hair doesn't bother me all that much given that the separate hairpiece has been reasonably well integrated into the final scupt, and it's at the back - my main problem is with Jules. Vince is a decent likeness, Jules looks swollen.

It's no surprise that they look good as two guys in suits though - the tailoring is outstanding.

Snyder-man just needs a better camera and photographer. His mother has been doing professional paintmasters for collectible companies for well over ten years. That combined with seven seasons of Robot Chicken and they seem to have fallen into a routine of painting that is easy to duplicate by a factory overseas and photographs well for television. That style may not fit what collectors here consider good, but it works for my collecting needs. Never been disappointed by a purchase from them. The eyes are as good as any other painter's work I have seen on here and she seems especially good at painting females and African Americans. Different strokes for different folks. Personally I wouldn't own about 75% of what has been shown in this thread so far. Interested to see more of these shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back