Show your pet, best friend, partner .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's great to take a new pet home and take care of it.
I am a big Cat lover.
My Brother and his wife got their little Sookie as a kitten and have had her two years, but i got my Jasper when he was grown. They reckon he was two years old when i got him. He turned up as a stray in a street where my Aunt lives. A couple in the street took him in, but let me have him because i had to get my previous cat(Kitty) put to sleep the week before.

They all look like good kids. The girl has a look about her. :lol

Cats are my favorite too. I live in the country and we've had a lot of strays pass through over the years. My little sister used to be a master of finding abandoned litters. The only problem is that they all tend to be outdoor cats. You can have them for years, and then one day they just don't come home. It's sad, but I've never been able to deny them that freedom.

Here's my goldendoodle Duncan chillin in his new chair

Lol. And he is OWNING that chair!

They all look like good kids. The girl has a look about her. :lol

She does. Such a character. She once bit me so hard when i was cat-sitting over a weekend, that i had to go to Accident and Emergency to get antibiotics.
Such a little rascal(Even though i am not a stranger to her, she doesn't take to anyone except my Brother and his wife).
It wasn't her fault. I was trying get close to her to give her some treats. I am a lot bigger than her and she was likely scared.

Cats are my favorite too. I live in the country and we've had a lot of strays pass through over the years. My little sister used to be a master of finding abandoned litters. The only problem is that they all tend to be outdoor cats. You can have them for years, and then one day they just don't come home. It's sad, but I've never been able to deny them that freedom.

I know.
My Brother's cat is an indoor cat. They never let her out and now she probably can't be let out.
My cat Jasper and previous cat Kitty were both outdoor cats. They spent plenty time in the house, but go out a lot too.
I'd prefer it that way. It seems more natural, but my Brother and his wife never let Sookie out for fear of a nasty neighbour hurting her and even though they have moved, they still don't let her out.

I would never have an outdoor cat. I've seen what has happened to too many of them.

I feel that if you are in an area where your Cat *can* wander about in a safe manner, it seems more natural to me for them to be able to do their own thing outside.
I'd never tell anyone else what to do, but we have a 10 acre field at the back of our house and Jasper goes in there when he is wandering, and never fails to come back with birds or mice.
One time, Kitty came back with a fairly large Rabbit in her mouth. She brought it to the back doorstep, took over an hour to eat the thing and spent the next three days sleeping it off.
If you are not in an area where your Cat could safely mooch about, then of course you should keep them in.

I feel that if you are in an area where your Cat *can* wander about in a safe manner, it seems more natural to me for them to be able to do their own thing outside.
I'd never tell anyone else what to do, but we have a 10 acre field at the back of our house and Jasper goes in there when he is wandering, and never fails to come back with birds or mice.
One time, Kitty came back with a fairly large Rabbit in her mouth. She brought it to the back doorstep, took over an hour to eat the thing and spent the next three days sleeping it off.
If you are not in an area where your Cat could safely mooch about, then of course you should keep them in.

I won't debate about it, but I know how I feel about it. A cat is not a lion, or tiger. It's a pet. It's not a wild animal. It's not a natural thing for it wonder free and eat things. Eating that rabbit is a dangerous thing. What if the rabbit was poisoned? What if it's out and runs into something and is killed?

I don't want my pet to kill things. I want my pet safe.

And.....I believe that cats should have the same rules that dogs do. Here, a dog can not run free. It has to be licensed and leashed. I can't tell you how many times I've had to deal with cats tearing things up or killing things and leaving them for me to clean up. I've also had to clean up after they've had still born kittens before.

If you want a cat and want it to run loose, pay to have it fixed! I hate hearing them screw under my window at night in the summertime. :lol

Look what the cat brought in... :)

20140103_164554_zpsw3ip7kjf.jpg

das.... a gewd boyee Bennie.​

Ski

Lol. Fluffy little dogs crack me up.

My cat is fixed and I'm not going to deny her any more of her nature than that. They're hunters and that's that. Besides, she's going to die of boredom once she no longer has the Christmas tree to disassemble.

Back