Share your Recipes!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol That's the lady that invented this:

donut-burger.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

I thought I knew that sandwich from somewhere!

i never understood the appeal of eating liver. the liver is used to filter and absorb toxins from the body. so why would you wanna eat what i would call a "toxin sponge".:yuck

^^^^^

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Supposed to be really high in vitamin A though. :dunno

Had this the other day and it was SOOOOOOOOOO good

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/baked-french-toast-casserole-with-maple-syrup-recipe2/index.html

Ingredients
1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 ounces) [I used French Bread Slices already cut]
8 large eggs
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash salt
Praline Topping, recipe follows
Maple syrup

Directions
Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1-inch each. (Use any extra bread for garlic toast or bread crumbs). Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly. Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.

The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden. Serve with maple syrup.

Hey Sam,

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU EAT THAT!!! I'd rather eat meal worms instead of liver. BLEH!!!
^^^^^

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Supposed to be really high in vitamin A though. :dunno
I don't particularly like the taste but I do eat it regularly because it is extremely good for you. And because the liver I eat is grass-fed and not from a grocery store it actually doesn't taste too bad. Kinda sweet if you can believe it. :dunno
This particular piece of liver came from a good friend of mine who culled one of his bison that he raised for meat.

i never understood the appeal of eating liver. the liver is used to filter and absorb toxins from the body. so why would you wanna eat what i would call a "toxin sponge".:yuck
Not quite true. It does filter the blood but does not store anything. Nothing like a sponge and incredibly good for your own liver. It gives me tons of energy- more than anything else I can eat.

But I still wouldn't eat the liver from a regular factory-farmed beef from the grocery store. As I wrote above, I only eat grass-fed meats...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/VgU4ZSIaZ68&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/VgU4ZSIaZ68&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:sick

Much rather have LaMelnik's version!

Back