* SECURITY ALERT * Change your forum passwords and your email passwords

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks!!!! How is security handled going forward? Lessons learned?

It's not just an issue that affected this forum. It's everywhere unfortunately.

Ultimately it's our own responsibility to be vigilant and proactive about our online security.

You may already do some of these and I'm just saying it for everyone:

Getting a random password generator is very helpful and prevents reusing passwords. Multi-factor authentication is also vital where available. And using a few different e-mail accounts for different types of sites is a good idea as well.

Last edited:
It's weird as reading into this more, it seems to be mostly older accounts with possibly weaker passwords, however most of them don't appear on haveibeenpwned. I don't use the same password for my email anyway...

It's weird as reading into this more, it seems to be mostly older accounts with possibly weaker passwords, however most of them don't appear on haveibeenpwned. I don't use the same password for my email anyway...

We're up to 13 compromised accounts now. Only one of them was currently active, and was logged in as themselves the day before their account was used to post spam.

Alright, which one of you has been compromised?

ECEA9372-4F86-4B13-BFAA-EF88DC716A93.gif

Back