Sears oil change gone terribly wrong!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Car dealerships don't hire teenagers or un trained people. As far as I know bmw hires people that went to school for being a tech or six years experience.

I never said teenagers. And believe me, I know dealerships who have ****ty tech guys. And if they're so good, why can't they fix my car?

Probably too late now but you should check into lemon laws. What is it doing by the way?

The car ran like a top for the first 5 years, then it would lose power and try and stall out. I was pretty much told by the dealership that it was all in my head. Finally it wouldn't run at all and had to be towed into a garage who supposedly fixed it only to have the whole thing start over again. So I took it to another garage. They had it for a whole month replacing parts. Go to drive it home and I could barely get it to up an underpass. Took it back and got it back in a week. It started the same **** about a week later. Took it back once again to the dealership and once again they just kept replacing parts. Well, it ran pretty good so I took it out of town and had new tires put on it. On the way home my check engine light came on. Went out about 2 hours later and it wouldn't start. Brother looked at it and he tested the battery and replaced it. It started up. Problem solved. Well, not for long. Now I can start it up, but.......if I drive it anywhere and turn it off, it won't restart. So I don't take it anywhere and it's sits. I just go out and start it up for awhile to keep the battery charged. I just want to get it running enough so I can get rid of the piece of crap. Everything that is suggested to me has been done. I'm betting I pretty much have a whole new engine in it because most of it has been replaced.

Change your own oil, takes 20 minutes and you know it is right.

And :lol at getting a new car. They will replace what was damaged.

I change the oil in my vehicles, but my wife didn't want to sit and wait that day so she took it to Jiffy lube the next week. Looked in the garage and had oil all over my floor. They didn't even attempt to tighten the plug. Lucky for her the oil hadn't leaked out that fast and we caught it before it caused damage, but it was definitely a lesson learned

The car ran like a top for the first 5 years, then it would lose power and try and stall out. I was pretty much told by the dealership that it was all in my head. Finally it wouldn't run at all and had to be towed into a garage who supposedly fixed it only to have the whole thing start over again. So I took it to another garage. They had it for a whole month replacing parts. Go to drive it home and I could barely get it to up an underpass. Took it back and got it back in a week. It started the same **** about a week later. Took it back once again to the dealership and once again they just kept replacing parts. Well, it ran pretty good so I took it out of town and had new tires put on it. On the way home my check engine light came on. Went out about 2 hours later and it wouldn't start. Brother looked at it and he tested the battery and replaced it. It started up. Problem solved. Well, not for long. Now I can start it up, but.......if I drive it anywhere and turn it off, it won't restart. So I don't take it anywhere and it's sits. I just go out and start it up for awhile to keep the battery charged. I just want to get it running enough so I can get rid of the piece of crap. Everything that is suggested to me has been done. I'm betting I pretty much have a whole new engine in it because most of it has been replaced.

the PT cruisers are notorious for that problem. i know someone that had the same issues and it was never remedied.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pt+cruiser+stalls&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

I never said teenagers. And believe me, I know dealerships who have ****ty tech guys. And if they're so good, why can't they fix my car?

That is because you have a car based on a dodge neon. Your gonna fix it an pawn it off to someone else could result in a lawsuit on your hands when you should have taken a lemon approach 6 years ago. I didn't say dealerships were full proof but your odds are better then Jiffy Screw.

This kina ting happens but is very rare. I, myself, do my own oil change. I just don't trust anyone with my own vehicle that I bought new 6-7 yrs ago. I also changed break pads before and is due to change my break and tires soon. Air filter too.

Do us all a favor change your own . Quick lube oil place's will strip the bolt to the plug ask you for a ton of xtra's filling your fluids and wash window yea . Just do it yourself or take to your dealership where your covered, and always watch your gages not your fn iphone.........

I change the oil in my vehicles, but my wife didn't want to sit and wait that day so she took it to Jiffy lube the next week. Looked in the garage and had oil all over my floor. They didn't even attempt to tighten the plug. Lucky for her the oil hadn't leaked out that fast and we caught it before it caused damage, but it was definitely a lesson learned

I worked at a Ford dealership once and one of our lube techs did the same thing. Shortly after giving the customer their car, the bolt flew off and oil was all over the road. Luckily they didn't drive long enough to cause any damage. This is why I do everything myself whether its around the house or with my vehicle. Harbor freight + youtube go a long way

That is because you have a car based on a dodge neon. Your gonna fix it an pawn it off to someone else could result in a lawsuit on your hands when you should have taken a lemon approach 6 years ago. I didn't say dealerships were full proof but your odds are better then Jiffy Screw.

Who says I'm going to pawn it off on anybody? And I didn't have any problems with the car 6 years ago.

:gah:

I talked to someone finally today. They're sending someone to look at the car today. And I got a confirmation from the dealership that they are positive it is the wrong oil filter for our vehicle. It is for a non-skyactive engine. It would not even screw on all they way. The dealership said it had too much play. They ****ed up and they know it. Unless they said I did my own oil change and even then I would have had to buy one of their oil filters from sears because they all have they're own filters that they use. And I don't even know if they sell them without an oil change?

I too, do all my own oil changes, as well as greasing the chassis and changing spark plugs. It's simple to do yourself and expensive to pay someone else to do, unless you are rich, as in make more money per hour than a mechanic.
You need a jack, jack stands, a drain plug wrench, and an oil filter wrench for oil. Of course, you also need the correct oil filter, and oil, preferably synthetic, like Neo or Mobil 1.

Everyone I see in town who has a PT hasn't had problems other than maintenance ones. I'm always asking.

Believe me, I've googled this stuff a lot.

she is selling the car as is. it's black and the paint and interior look very good. it needs an engine though. all the symptoms you mentioned is what she had. they obviously had a bad run with something inferior because too many people have the same problem. maybe it's time to put a kick *** engine in it. for a few grand, you can get it back on the road.

I think Sears owns Kmart.

I thought Kmart Holdings Company bought Sears after declaring bankruptcy and screwing all the employees out of retirement funds.

But then Kmart Holdings Company changed their name to Sears Holdings Company so technically your right :)

Anyway if these business practices define their character it tells me it's going to be an uphill battle for sure...

Back