SDCC Vader Experimemt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got Anakin today the box had a huge crease in the back of it but I was going to open him anyways.

My Vader arrived this morning in not so mint condition the box had been compacted slightly. Does sideshow send replacement boxes for these.

Got mine yesterday. I'm very happy with him and love the big, chunky, scene-specific stand. I have absolutely no problem with his arm this time, it was actually stuck in place when I got him out of the box. Two small nits: The tunic feels real cheap(as some have said), but ironically I like the slightly darker color. The other thing is the small leather band on his belt is too long and it bunches up, leaving the small pouch just hanging stupidly on his hip.
Other than that, I'm happy I broke my "No repaints" clause for the first time in two years and shelled out for him. Now I just need some Clone troopers to flank him :D :D :D

Updated. Thanks everyone for participating. I have wanted to do something like this for awhile. I will PM those who have yet to update me. :D

Vader was waiting at the front door last night. He had a little ding on the side of the outer box, but it didn't mar the figure's box, so kudos to UPS on this one. He is great, got him posed like the 501st are waiting behind him, and he amazing! Now we need some clones!

Just took Vader off my porch and outta his box. Perfect shape save some very minor edge wear on the corners which would come anyway. All in all I have to say Im very pleased with UPS and with Darth Vader.

Well Im glad a few peoples werent damaged very badly. i got contact them about mine and get a new box sent

Last edited:
Ok. With the information that was reported on the SDCC Darth Vader my experiment yielded the following results:

Sideshow seems to send shipping notices from the east coast first (especially if you live in the south east, like FL and TX) and notices make their way across the US back to CA. Shipping order generally is in the order in which orders where placed though there are a few who seem to slip through the cracks for one reason or another (double boxing etc...). And finally....

Phone orders tend to get the most TLC IMHO folks. Thats what I draw from the info I was given. :D Thanks to all who participated. It was interesting and diverted my attention waway from getting my real work done! :rolleyes:

By the way has anyone recieved there replacement boxes for Vader yet. They told me 2 weeks but Im not a very paitent person and was wondering if anyone else has theres yet. :D

jason2885 said:
By the way has anyone recieved there replacement boxes for Vader yet. They told me 2 weeks but Im not a very paitent person and was wondering if anyone else has theres yet. :D

Not yet. I was suppose to have received it by last Friday but nothing has come yet.

Wor-Gar said:
Not yet. I was suppose to have received it by last Friday but nothing has come yet.
I think mine suppose to here with in two weeks of August 8 so that means August 22nd. So hopefully it will be here in the next week. I wonder if they will send a tracking number. They may still be backlogged because of SDCC. I won James Bond from Moonraker 12" figure during a constest and they told me it may take 6-8 weeks to get it sent.

pixletwin said:
Ok. With the information that was reported on the SDCC Darth Vader my experiment yielded the following results:

Sideshow seems to send shipping notices from the east coast first (especially if you live in the south east, like FL and TX) and notices make their way across the US back to CA. Shipping order generally is in the order in which orders where placed though there are a few who seem to slip through the cracks for one reason or another (double boxing etc...). And finally....

Phone orders tend to get the most TLC IMHO folks. Thats what I draw from the info I was given. :D Thanks to all who participated. It was interesting and diverted my attention waway from getting my real work done! :rolleyes:
Good work Pixletwin! I followed this experiment with very much interest! I'd like to assume that the EU orders are processed using the same scheme. It's sure that they are completely detached form the US delivery order, since most of the time we receive things later than the US collectors, regardless the actual place in the over-all order-line.

Back