SDCC Dinosauria: Dienosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus - Link in 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you can take your refund and just get this piece by Foulkes :

deinosuchus_23.jpg

pro-painted by the artist himself ? ;)

Hm, I'm surprised any of it is completely solid. Generally manufacturers try to cut down on weight to reduce shipping costs.

I got mine the other day. I'm not going to bother posting a bunch of pics, since everyone else has put up some good ones. I'm happy with mine, though it sounds like other folks are having trouble with theirs.

DienVSPara.jpg

I am disappointed by the visible seams on the croc. The sloppy paint, and rising prices in general with Dinosauria sure aren't helping. I've almost thought of selling my T-Rex because the paint apps aren't quite as subtle as the proto, but the alternative kits out there aren't very impressive, and very expensive.

I am disappointed by the visible seams on the croc. The sloppy paint, and rising prices in general with Dinosauria sure aren't helping. I've almost thought of selling my T-Rex because the paint apps aren't quite as subtle as the proto, but the alternative kits out there aren't very impressive, and very expensive.

Thats one of the major issues I had with both of mine. The 2nd one I got being the worst. It lookd like they just glued the lower jaw into place and then packed it up and stuck it in the box for shippment. It looked horrible....you could see a huge seams on both sides of the croc head. The quality on this line is slowly going down the tube. The paint apps I got with my Styracosaurus were not so spectacular ether. We'll see how the Alo dio turns out...if it comes looking the same way I will just send it back for a refund and drop this line. Which is unfortunate, Dinosauria is the only line I collect from SS these days. I dropped other lines due to poor QC issues...looks like another one is going to bite the dust soon.

Chris

I got EX #59. :D

Not bad at all bro !

I can't see much of a problem with any of my pieces..only the Carno bugs me a little because of the lack of brown facial markings.

I'm a stickler for detail..if a piece is really sub-par I'll be the first to complain. So far it's only minor issues like paint inconsistancy with me.

What were the numbers of the two Deino pieces you had Atheris ?

These are my first and only pieces so far from Sideshow..mostly because it's all I can afford..if I could getting a model from several artists and then paying them to paint it up would prob be the best way to go. For now I have to stick with these..nice quality pieces for less dough.

I got # 78....the replacment was also #78 because SS asked me to destroy the first one. All they did was get a new piece with a blank base and wrote #78 on it again. Now that I destroyed the 2nd one though...that means #78 is still out there. SS still has more replacment pieces but their policy is once you hit your 2nd replacment NO MORE. So I took the refund instead.

Chris

Hello.
I'm absolutely not a collector, but got this piece who really attracted my eyes.

So, i got number 186 of 250.
Unboxing, Waooo. That's big, heavy, this feel absolutely not cheap.
When you place and replace it on your desk, you have made your daily sport.

The sculpture itself : It's dynamic, something is happen. The reason why i bought it. Asymmetry, movement, relation between two objets or figures.
What's good here, it's the diagonal sculpt, the virtually unstable pose.
You see the past of the scene. You see the future.

Nothing broken on my model.

Base looks ok, but would have been better with something around. Like stones, or a river border all around the water, someting minerals, or vegetal.
At least it's singular, recognizable. And it's a part of the whole movement. So, cool.

Mine (base) is dusty here and there, dont know if it's intentionnal.
Dont think so, but i see that on others people pictures...
Strange. It's like mix of dirt and glue. Can it be erased ?
Or is it a... feature ?

The croc is ok. I just know Deinosuchus, no more. Dot or no dot, dont really bother me. He is a little bit surcharged, the texturing is very dense, too much maybe, but, well, it dont bother me.
I love the fact the body is partially visible. The way the jaws are deformed, the impact he made on the Para body, the Porcelain looking belly.

Paint is not the promotionnal picture, though. We see a sort of hurry or time limited work. Transitions are sometimes blurry specially on the Para. Colors lakes of depth and variations comparing the promotionnal pictures.
We can say this make the sculptures greater than the paint it is applied on, if we want to stay in the critisism. What i make, cause i think it's good to (try to) be objective, even if the impression is globally very positive for me.

The only disappointement i have is the near missing paint on somes Para nails. Higher hand is ok, but on the lower, nails are nearly the same color than the skin.

People wondered about blood. Me too, days ago. Finally, blood looks good for me, i mean the saturation, the colour itself.
Whole is more or less better depending lighting, but that's not the weird red i feared.

Then, i have some interrogations.
Specially, the eyes. they are made of gold. They are not translucide, they reflect in a uniform way, the lighting.
Strange, dont know why they made that. Dont look bad, dont look well, don't know. Just wonder.

The Para colours :
In this scene, the Para is the extend of the movement, not the thing our eyes catch the first time. It's more than the second role, the first is play by the Deino. So maybe it's why they choose an unique colour variation for this para, rather than something more excentric.
But i'm not sure. Other colors, more hot, would have been maybe better, than a unique brown variation, even if the actual colour look very natural, realistic.
We can say it's a very common interpretation of the parasaurolophys. We are not in Dinosaur Revolution.

And... my main interrogation. The glossy finish.
He seems heterogeneous. The croc arm is entirely shining. Belly is not.
Dont know if the skin of croc retain water or not.
But i have an interrogation, looking at his dull belly.
I thought it will be entirely shining.
Will read you thoughts if you have some.

Well, i was long, too long for a such english quality.
But, eh, i discovered the piece here, so i wanted to give a feedback here in return.

Can't take good pictures actually, so here's just one.

diorama.jpg

If my wife didn't have it, I think I'd be tempted. I do wish they'd left the water as the acrylic base though and not bronzed that as well, I think it would have been more effective then.

Hello Friends. Even if I managed to buy much later than you this Diorama, I can only say WOW:clap:yess::hi5::panic:. I am very happy that slowly, I want to catch all these wonderful statues!:yess:

DSC_1569.jpg

DSC_1434.jpg

DSC_1437.jpg

DSC_1441.jpg

DSC_1553.jpg

Last edited:
Back